New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello there! I'm planning to by an SUV. First, I consider the new CRV, then the fortunner and now the Escape. Upon reading your reviews about the Sorento, I feel, I'll go now for the Sorento. Can you help me select what SUV to buy? I"m quite confused with so many brands and good quality they are claiming.

My Criteria for selection is reliability, convenience, safety and fuel economy.

By the way, ano ba and difference ng 1.8, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0 and 3.5 liters engine in terms of fuel economy and power? di kasi ako marunong ng technical matters about engines. MARAMING SALAMAT!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the new grand vitara looks good...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by benj409
    By the way, ano ba and difference ng 1.8, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0 and 3.5 liters engine in terms of fuel economy and power? di kasi ako marunong ng technical matters about engines. MARAMING SALAMAT!!!

simple... the bigger the engine means more power but consumes more fuel.

Also a full time four wheel drive will mean lower fuel economy as compared to part-time four wheel drive.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorento looks nice and its been getting good reviews, but it may suffer when it comes to its eventual resale value, because of people's stigma against unfamiliar brands beyond Toyota and Honda.

Looking at your choices, you cannot go wrong with either a CRV or Fortuner. The latter (Fortuner), is the most obvious choice among all however it is still stuck in its perennial state of being in the waiting lists and if ever, the average juan-de-la-cruz may gets his hands on one is a big "?".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Sorento...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    xtrail is also not bad and sympre fortuner but yeah the grand vitara is also nice

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    different price range, but same category...
    BMW X3

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks! parang maganda talaga yong fortuner but I never had the oportunity to test drive it. I was invited to the launching here at bgo but I was not able to come. After that wla NA PATI DISPLAY NABINTA AGAD. MATAGAL DAW WAITING PERIOD KC MARAMING ORDERS

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks! parang maganda talaga yong fortuner but I never had the oportunity to test drive it. I was invited to the launching here at bgo but I was not able to come. After that wla NA PATI DISPLAY NABINTA AGAD. MATAGAL DAW WAITING PERIOD KC MARAMING ORDERS. That's why I am considering other compact SUVs

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you can wait for another six months or less, I'm sure the Fortuner will be in abundant supply by then. It is the month of December and everyone's even more deperate to get a Fortuner for their Christmas Tree and holiday trips.

If you need a SUV within a short term (now til 3 months time), get a CRV. In the long term (6 months time or more), Fortuner is the choice and definitely worth the wait.

Or you can look at what Ford is offering for the Escape and Everest. Great deals! But if its up to me, I'd avoid them despite the tempting offers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Anong pinakamagandang compact SUV