New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Diesel gurus... i was wondering if anyone would know what is the amp rating of diesel truck/passenger SUV alternators? I am searching 1 that would fit a car. Sana yun 100+ amperes. Need it kase for sound system. medyo malakas kumain. Also, san kayo kumukuha ng parts? Somewhere na reputable pero ndi naman taga... maybe you could recommend sum1. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cardsVR,

Iba ata ang diesel alternators. May oil line ito sa likod for the vacum, eh. Ganun ba yung sa sasakyan mo ngayon?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ah..ok... im not sure e, di ko alam... does it mean ndi compatible yun alternator ng diesel? i was wondering if it would b possible ilagay sa sedan since mataas usually un ampere rating nya. i've heard a couple of guys use a starex alternator... thanks anyway...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cars with automatic transmissions usually have a higher ampere rating alternator as compared to their manual tranny counterparts. I noticed that before sa Lancer GLXi namin dati na a/t na mas mataas ang ampere rating compared to the same Lancer GLXi model pero manual.

So for example, if your car is a Civic VTi na manual, try looking for a alternator for the Civic VTi A/T.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to get the luxury models of the brand of your car...for example, when I needed a higher ampere alternator for a nissan sunny pick up (stock was 60A) I used nissan bluebird or nissan altima alternator (90A). The rating are usually stamped or printed in the alternator.

Most modern "all-power" models would have higher ampere rating...it needs to power a lot of servo motors, etc kasi.

Any good surplus shop should have these...I got mine at P1200 - listed price but manage to work-out a deal of P800+200 tip to the salesperson so total of P1000. Just try to get a "fresh" one....often maduli/magrasa...pero me waranty naman sila kung me problem e.

I also brought my old unit to make sure that the mounting bracket positions are the same and correct in orientation (para wala ng modifications).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cardsVR::: On stock SUVs the alternator ratings are only 65 amps. There is an upgrade version with no modifications on mountings for 85 amps. What you heard is true, an electrical shop is offering me a Starex stock alternator with 115 amp ratings, but the mountings will have to be modified. The vaccum behind the alternators can be removed if it will not be used. It is basically air to aid the brake power and clutch parts.

You may want to inquire at any Tower of David outlet with branches all over the metro.

HTH :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Is it true na lalakas ang aircon kapag pinalitan ko yung stock alternator ng hyundai H100 ko? kasi kapag bukas aircon hindi gumagana yung headlights and nagloloko din yung signal lights sabi nung technician doon sa bilnian ko nung van palitan ko daw ng 110 yung alternator ko para lumakas yung aircon and other electrical components nung sasakyan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jeff::: Afaik, wala namang connection between your a/c compressor to the alternator. (Yeah, there's one belt connecting them and that's it! :mrgreen

Stock alternators of Hyundai Motors are rated 115 amps. So there shouldn't be a problem with that since other vehicles run only with 65 amps. Malamang po hindi na kumakarga ng tamang supply ng kuryente yung altenator nyo, kaya po nag-aagawan ng supply from the battery yung headlights, aircon, radio, signal lights and even brake lights nyo pag sabay-sabay pinagagana. Malamang po sa palitin na yang alternator nyo sir jeff. Pag minasama pa matutuluyang ma-drain ang battery at umikli ang life cycle nyan. 8O

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sirs, di po ba pag mas mataas ang amp rating ng alternator above stock ay added load po ito? Thanks. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, I don't think it will add load to your engine. Basically, the alternator maintains the voltage and shoulders the extra load of electricity to run the vehicle's components, ie; lights, radio, winch, power windows and etc. So if you use more DC required tools and stuffs in your vehicle naturally the law of supply and demand comes in. Thus needing for more ampere to sustain the required electricity but not drain your car's battery. And also alternators doesn't twitch like your a/c compressors when it is charging your battery.

HTH :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Alternator on Diesel Engines