New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa bling-bling, hindi naman lumalayo gaano sa OEM specs ang overall diameter. Don't worry about the speedo/odo.

Unless you are putting in really teeny tires or going for that bigfoot look.

Pajeros have overall tire diameters between 29" to almost 32"

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As to the chromes of the local vs imported, I've been told by a friend of mine who's also a dealer of wheels and tires that the chrome of the imported wheels are more durable than that of the local wheels. If you look at the texture of the local chromes right beside the imported chromes, you'll see a different finish.

Hopefully, you don't have a dog/won't come into contact with a dog on a regular basis, so as not to prove the staining theory on chrome wheels ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Bad Driver,

ROTA EXTREME 20"

20x9.5" 32k yung painted 38k yung chrome. set of 4 na yun. Amfogi!!!!

Meron 14k na 20's Nankang yung brand. Pero dont write them off kasi Yokohama daw yun or subsidiary. DAW.
    Hmmm.... 14K na 20 tires, and 32k na 20 rims. Interesting. P88K for 20s. P94K for chromes. That's about the price of Concept One 18s with tires.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sorry kung makulit,

since void na naman ang warranty ng suspension ko kung papalitan ko ung stock mags, upgrade na ba ako sa aftermarket shocks/springs? significant ba ang superiority (ride comfort/handling) ng Bilstein o OME for example?

Glad to know I don't have to fiddle with my speedometer.

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    void lang naman ang warranty ng suspension mo kung ipapagawa mo sa casa yung oto mo ng naka-20s. if you can swing it, why don't you keep the stock wheels and tires, so in the event na masira yung suspension mo (fingers crossed na hindi) within the warranty period, you can slap on the stocks setup and claim warranty?

as to the superiority of aftermarket shocks and springs, i can only speak for OME shocks on my Prado. the OMEs sure made the ride more comfortable, but not boaty. a friend of mine installed OME shocks and springs on his Patrol, together with 20" rims, and according to him it feels more comfortable than the stock setup.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks,

But I do have to switch wheels everytime I take my car to the casa for pms checkups tho (every 6 months or 5kms). (In case they take not on it). Medyo hastle rin to. Kung Suspension lang ang void, Ok lang sakin since it is relatively cheap naman in proportion to the car's price. kaso baka damay damay ito hanggang abs/brakes etc. hehe... di natin alam kung kupalin tayo ng casa.

Pero yeah, I will have to keep my stocks. ty

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, based on my experience with Toyota and my Camry, when I had my ride serviced for 5K, 15K, and 25K, the mags were on. But when I had it serviced recently for the 30K and other inspections to the suspension, I put back the stocks in. Toyota still honored the warranty and replaced the defective shocks free of charge. I really don't know if they keep track of your aftermarket wheels tho. Apparently in Toyota's case, they didn't.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    In my case and with Toyota alabang, may inspection sila at the time you bring it in for PMS. Sa toyota baguio wala hehehe. depends na lang siguro sa casa... sa TAI they check only the exterior. Check nila yun scratches or paint damages, just to protect them against complaints on damages incurred during the PMS. Minsan, nakita nila yun setup ko sa audio and mags pero nililista lang nila sa papel. But if you're looking for something that they store on their Database, wala ata sila ganun I think...

Here's a helpful webbie for checking the overall diameter of your aftermarket wheels. If you're odo is slow or faster etc. Input your stock tire size and rim size and on the left, input you after market wheel size and tire size.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Try mo muna yun stock shox and springs mo after your upgrade kung di ka satisfied upgrade ka. Usually titigas yun ride kase manipis na yun goma mo. Dami din aftermarket shox, like Bilstein, old man... try mo yun mga adjustable shox
    Last edited by cardo; June 17th, 2005 at 10:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Excited na ako sa Rota Extreme ko. Kaya lang the mind is willing but the wallet aint able bwahahaha!!!

bad_driver, Monotone Black na po ung paj ko hehehe. Egoy na egoy.

Im sure you can fit wider tires on the Gen3. Sa Gen2 and 2.5 hanggang 275/50 or 275/45 lang. I'm running 275/60's right now and it seems "flush" with the fenders already. I think 285/45's would still be accepable. I saw a Fortuner running 275/50's maganda naman ang tayo.

BTW, sa GenII Max you could slap in is 22in. Meron akong site dati na nakita where you can select a car then change the wheels, diameter, profile, car color and even lower the tire. Kaya lang walang rota extreme dun. puro Bazo etc.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PK, pina hilamos mo ang paj mo?

anyways yan din ang inaasam ko sa trooper ko. (kaso 18s lang sana)
    rota mags and nankang tires, my friend is rolling with nankangs and mukhang ok naman atsaka maganda ang review nito net.
    actually may pic na akong na post dito search mo na lang pre.

mag rota ka na lang bad driver, pinoy made ito sikat pa sa US nasa Need4speed underground 2 game nga eh
    ako pwede na ako dito

more here
    http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.php
    Last edited by kimpOy; June 17th, 2005 at 11:22 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
alternatives to concept one? help please