New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ano ba sa tingin ninyo ang mas matibay na mags specially when you go offroading -- yung alloy o yung steel mags? Hindi ba prone to cracks ang alloy and the steel mags naman madaling ma deform?

Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Steel is generally better for off-roading. It is tougher and is repairable unlike alloy wheels. A steel wheel can withstand welding (even on the field) and hammering to get it back in shape.

Alloy wheels are generally lighter and perform better on-road.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Steel is the way to go

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It all boils down how you will use it on your rig. You have to weigh some options though; steel rims will be heavier and will consume more gas but it is repairable during trails (which I doubt that will happen in our trails). While alloys are lighter and could provide more power to your tires, less strain on the engine. But prone to scratches and cracks if dealt carelessly.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung may alloy wheels ka na with AT/HT tires
    why not consider buying steel with MT tires
    parang rubber shoes for playing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not necessarily alloy is a softie compare to steel, matitibay na rin ang alloys ngayon (except philippine made ha) forge na sila.

eto story ko, from OEM alloy 15x7 mags, pinalitan ko ng American racing Tailgunner 15x8, ayos sa porma, agaw tingin, but reverted back to OEM alloys kasi i want go back to 15x7 kasi nung lumapad ang tires parang bumaba naman,
    nung binalik ko sa alloys ramdam ko ang arangkada!!! nakuha ko 30 minutes (+/-) from ungas' house to my house eh

but just as olive suggested, bili ka na lang ng seperate steel rims (600-800 each) kung gusto mo mag muds

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madali rin ma kalawang ang steel. Thats my experience with my former American Racing Tailgunner. Thats why I shifted to alloy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually surface rust lang naman ang steel. A little sanding ang buffing tapos touch up paint, ok na siya.

Chrome steel ang gamit namin sa Land Cruiser. It had lots of rust when we got the unit. Stripsol ata ginamit ng detailing shop. Balik kintab. Wala pa ding rusting up to now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alloy pa din ako dahil lightweight. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have to agree. Noticeable talaga ang weight difference ng steel and alloy as well as during acceleration

Ariel, I went to Auto options kanina. P22k ang AMS mags set of 4 just like mine. I saw the white wagonwheels too. P9.1k for the set of 4. I think I'll powdercoat my existing mags nalang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Alloy mags o Steel mags