New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    many turbo diesel engine cars here changed their mufflers to freemuff's sdg model, the one with the silencer at the tip shich you can get.

woodfire-one of the mods yan ng pajero and other intercooled turbo engines is to change the rubber hoses with tubes that does not collapse like rubber.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    freemuff na silenced tip and nakakabit sa kin ngayon. but i was able to raise exhaust temp so high na nagignite yung silencing material. haha. pag rev ko nung malapit na ako sa house may lumalabas na sparks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I changed the oe muff to a freeflow type. No alterations were done with the pipings, still has stock 2 inch. Tumunog bus nga after that. But what I was after is not the sound itself, instead I was looking for a way to release the back pressure. Note: torque band has adjusted for some reason after I changed the muffs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wat if xtra power/acceleration ang habol,not 'truck-like' sound?wat can be used?and, more importantly, how much? hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf::: Maraming pwdeng gawin sa kahit anong parts to add more power. (Price range estimated in thousands)

1. You could add turbo to your engine, modify the existing turbo if you have one already. (70-90K)
    2. Cylinder head manipulations. (10-50K)
    3. Flywheel skimming. (5-8K)
    4. Intake and Exhaust performance parts (1K-30K)
    5. Regearing (50-70K)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    with regards to flywheel skimming, one draw back for this is you will lose engine braking which 4wheelers need when crawling, or in going down inclines. also you can do this if your vehicle is lightened.

one important thing for people who changed to bigger tires is the clutch. you have to change it especially if you have not re geared, look for centerforce brand, they have smooth take-up but gets stronger clamping power once the revs go up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir ungas,
    altho ang galing na ng reply mo,mind extending it pa a bit 2 percentage in improvement of power per item?many tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf::: I could elaborate more on me previous post, but then after that I may have to kill you due to some classified infos which can't be discussed, hahaha! Joke, joke, joke! :lol:

Just create another topic with regards to your matters so that this topic will not get out of hand. :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    when i freed my exhaust I felt a shift in the torque band din. when I freed it even further by cutting off all piping from flexible pipe, umurong pa pataas ung torque.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sir ungas so muffler lang talaga ang pinalitan nyo? wouldnt you mind sharing if what brand ang pinakabit nyo?

ok ba nodalos sa diesel before kasi eto gamit ko sa mga previous cars ko na gasolina ?

sir otep salamat po sa paliwanag nyo kasi kala ko totally different ang mga pwedeng gawin sa gas n diesels

thank you rin bubbles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
aftermarket mufflers for diesels