New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi to all Tsikoters,
    Your forums are very imformative and this is where i get my driving tips and proper vehicle maintenance. Anyways, how do you know if the 4X4 feature of a gen 2.5 pajero 4X4 A/T? When the 4X4 trans is shifted from 2H to 4H,4HLc, & 4LLc the light indicator for the front tires on the Super Select 4WD instrument panel is just blinking (green) and not lighted permanently. Is this normal?

Likewise, what are the functions (control) of the remote control for the Code Alarm of a 2000 model pajero fieldmaster. My remote is just functioning as a keyless entry. How do you "arm" the alarm system.

Appreciate all your inputs on this matter.
    Thanks much.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The gen 2.5 Paj is equipped with auto locking hubs. The 4wd indicator should only blink for a few seconds after engaging 4H, 4HLLc, or 4LLc. Once the gears engage the light should stay on.

Have your auto locking hubs and its connections checked.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    regarding the code alarm, ano itsura ng remote ba? usually the arm would be the left button, the right one is disarm.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I have the same alarm on my strada. Bring it back to the dealer and make them explain everything. I know that has lots os features like auto arm, auto lock, etc. On the 4x4 thing, yes light should remain lit while you are engaged in 4x4. To disengage it, don't forget to back up for a few meters, then the light will dissappear. You'll know if the 4x4 is working when you rcar is abnomarlly slow. hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks much on your responses. I'll have my 4x4 lock hub be checked then, and my code alarm checked from the dealer. The code alarm is the generic/original alarm preinstalled from casa. I just noticed that when (supossedly) "armed", even if opening any of the doors, no alarm sound comes out from the vehicle alarm system.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try moving the vehicle a couple of meters forward if the indicators are flashing. The forward motion will usually help engage the system and the blinking stops. If you are just shifting from a dead stop, you will really encounter flashing.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I tried having the car move forward and back while at 4H and even tried 4HLc & 4LLc. However, the same blinking lights occur. What could possibly be wrong or worse, defective... yayks!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    as regards the alarm, how does the red LED on the dashboard flash and how many chirps do you hear after pressing the lock button on the remote? if the LED flashes twice successively and you only hear a single chirp after pressing the lock button, the alarm system is in valet mode, thus it only functions as a keyless entry system. if your LED blinks slow and you hear 2 chirps after pressing the lock button on the remote, the system is in alarm mode. in order for you to switch from valet mode to alarm mode, just locate your alarm toggle switch underneath the dashboard; it is near the engine hood release latch and push it forward. after pushing the switch forward, that will activate alarm mode and the successive twice flashing LED should stop. press your lock button and you should now hear 2 chirps and the LED would now flash at a slower interval. hope this helps =)
    Last edited by momoyster; March 22nd, 2005 at 12:42 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yes, it's indeed in vallet mode. The alarm system is now working well.
    Salamat po

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    you're welcome =) just trying to help out a fellow pajero owner. however, don't forget that if your system is in alarm mode, it has a pre-arm feature. what this does is that if the engine is not running, i.e. naka-stand by lang at nakapatay yung makina and you dont press the arm/lock button on the remote, the alarm will sound 2 chirps and will activate the system but will not lock the doors. so the moment you open the door, the alarm siren will sound. happened to me at the hospital coz i forgot that my system was in alarm mode and when i went out of the car and shut off the engine in order to load some stuff at th back, the alarm pre-armed and when i went back to the driver's seat the siren sounded as i opened the door, sobrang ingay yun for a hospital zone. just exercise your discretion when to switch to alarm from valet mode and vice-versa, there are places kasi na quiet zone =)

4X4 Working?