New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi All!

Background.

I have a 97 Pajero, 3Liter Automatic V6. I was told that it was an import from the US. Orig naman na leftie. Here's the stupid question. I just recently changed the tranny, so ok na yun. The indicator (the green lights for the wheels and the c/d lock) before I had the tranny replaced, when engaged on the 4WD config, the lights on the top would illuminate na steady lang. Now, after the tranny was changed, it doesn't stop blinking when on 4WD, together with the c/d lock. What could be the problem? or should I worry?

Thank you very much for the help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check all solenoids and vacuum lines. This may sound vague. Try going to your dealer or to Joseph Atotubo's shop to have this fixed. Medyo complicated kasi ang front drive system ng Pajero that's why it can shift to 4H even at 100kph.

I will look for the website that explains this.

In the meantime. Google the site for POCUK and the Mitsu section of 4x4wire.com

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    that happened to me before, it turns out may sira yung solenoid.
    Try otep's suggestion check the vacuum lines and solenoids

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Same thing, when I had my trusty 97 Pajero, got some problems, later I found out that it (solenoids) got wet during engine wash, it was blinking..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    *Igor, when you say that "you changed the tranny" do you mean the whole transmission assembly? The vacuum lines may have something to do with your problem aside from the solenoid valves as mentioned by Doc Otep, hybrid & gregg g. It also happened to my ride (blinking front drive indicators) & the vacuum lines were the culprit. Maybe some lines were not properly re-installed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thank you all for the replies!

I will have the vacuum lines checked.

It was just the internals that was changed (sorry, kulang description.) Not the entire assembly.

Will it affect the 4WD operation of the vehicle (solenoid)? Or is this just an indicator that the 4WD is engaged? Reason for me asking is, I will be going on a LOOOONNNGGG road trip and I want to know if this is something to worry about. I will only have time to take the vehicle and have it checked next week.

Thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Granting the solenoids are the culprit, it will affect the 4wd/2wd operation because it(solenoids) will trigger the locking/unlocking of the axles via its vacuum operation...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thank you very much... All along I thought it was just an indicator. Salamat salamat!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi! mga guys!, ganun pala yun, I thought na normal lang na nagbiblink ang indicator for the front wheels and c/d kapag naka engage sa 4WD, hmmm, rarely ko naman kasing gamitin and 4WD mode, maganda pla mapacheck ko narin yung mga solenoids.
    Nung paakyat kami ng baguio, I thought that it would be a perfect time to use it, then i noticed na parang mabigat ang steering wheel, para bang may rolling resistance. Then guys, tanong ko lang din kung kaylangan pa bang mag reverse pag nageengage sa 4WD?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi guys i might be late about this post but i do have similar problem on our 98 pajero automatic nag bliblink ung front wheel indicator nya but not always, somtimes it blinks somtimes not, i drove it for a couple of days hindi sya nag blink pero now nag blink nanaman, redundant ung problem, nawawala sya from time to time so I suspect solenoid saan ung shop nila Joseph Atotubo para mapuntahan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4WD operation