New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Most of the current pick-up trucks that are in their respective showrooms do not sport roll-bars anymore. I've manage to only see some on if the unit is a special edition or is a "fully loaded" promo variant.

Although the casas sell them separately and there are a lot sold by aftermarket mafias, I've noticed that there are lesser pick-up owners who use this once very popular accessory.

Could this be a sign that they are becoming too retro? Perhaps they have outlived their usefullness as pedestals for the really retro looking two or four fog lamps, among other things?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Cost cutting maybe?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1980's pa nawala sa uso ang bed bars. Binubuhay lang ng mga nagtitinda ng accessories kasi may pumapatol naman. hehehe.

Nissan had 'fashion bars' installed on the beds of Frontiers. It did make a nice place to hang the third brake lamp. But most other bed bars are pretty useless. The cannot support the truck in a rollover. Putting lights on them only casts a big shadow because local trucks are double cab unlike the single cabs in the U.S. They are not load bearing. You cannot tie your loads onto these bed bars.

A lot of the newer bed bars distort rear quarter vision because of their design.

Admittedly there are some nice looking bedbars like the OEM bed bars of the Strada/Triton intended for the UK market.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Admittedly there are some nice looking bedbars like the OEM bed bars of the Strada/Triton intended for the UK market.
    Yup, although from an aesthetic point of view, I prefer the bedbars offered in Australia, the ones reaching only half the length of the bed, as opposed to the full-length UK bars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i had a pick up, id get those rollbars. but that's just me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Could this be a sign that they are becoming too retro? Perhaps they have outlived their usefullness as pedestals for the really retro looking two or four fog lamps, among other things?
    most of those bed bars like the ones included sa nissan frontier were purely aesthetic anyway, unable to support the pickup in the event of a rollover...so the better for those faux bars to be gone anyway. :lol:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dati kasi may shortage sa sasakyan, kaya kahit sa bed tyaga sumasakay at tumatayo, tapos kapitan ang rollbars.

yan sana plano ko sa strada ko pag nagluma na, install rollbars + foglights. tapos nakapanood ako ng baduy na 80's movie, ayaw ko na hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    IMO, newly released/designed pickups maganda un exterior design. sometimes adding these bars disrupt that very nice/***y flow.

and as safety ratings of cars improve(for ex. to support rollover accidents), i am not sure if an exterior rollover bar is still necessary.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in my opinion, nasisira yun pagka sporty and rugged look ng dmax ko kung may roll bar. Kasi daddy ko sinasabi sakin na maglagay ko. Pero parang di ko trip.. nawawala yun pag ka slik and ***y ng dmax.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir jason alin po ba ang tinutukoy niyo?

Roll bar - the hoop that goes up and follows the cab contours

or

Roller cover -the sliding cover for the truck bed

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roll Bars for Pick-ups going out of style?