New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I need to replace my existing 97 model fuego with another double cab. Among the present crop of double cabs, which do you recommend? From what I know,the choices are Dmax, Hilux, Strada, Ranger, Frontier. Did I miss any other model? 4x2 models only please.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    not sure if the nissan frontier is still being offered...but i think the Navarra has superseded it.

imho the Hilux and Strada/Triton has the biggest cab size/second row; all the rest of the models seem to have very cramped second rows; for me the Triton is more for the "sport lifestyle" market, and the truck bed seems a bit small -- doubt if it's the best fit if you're gonna be hauling stuff to and fro most of the time.

If you're looking for a "workhorse" pickup, i'd say either the Isuzu IPV or Hilux would fit the bill; both have chassis options btw.

as for the technicals...you'll have to ask the resident gurus here...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For a traditional pick up, I like the current DMax LS.

-not as expensive but better specifications than the Hilux.
    -not as fast but has roomier 2nd row than the Ranger Trekker.
    -not as powerful but is more fuel efficient than the Navara.

Strada? Cheaper, better amenities. Also a good buy. Styling need getting used to.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i suggest yung new 09 model na hilux 4x2 but 4x4 look G model its 2.5liter diesel
    1.047m

maganda interior turbo di ka bitin sa takbuhan and G na siya top of the line na ng toyota hilux

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    went to toyota today. The hilux has good rear leg room. the sales rep claims that mas masikip daw ang Dmax, Strada, Navara. Says in terms of leg room, pinakamasikip ang Navara, Dmax, Strada, then Hilux. They call the G model 4x2 as Pre-Runner. Stance of the 4x4, but using the 2.5 engine, tuned to high torque than the typical innova and hilux 4x2. 1M+, 10K lang ang discount ang offer nila sa lahat ng variant except for the J model, na wala. Hmm, surprising, considering the economy, I expected they would have promo galore. I saw in Isuzu that for March, they have discount promo on the Dmax. Will try to drop by Isuzu then Mitsu to compare. I heard mas mura ang Dmax and Strada than the Hilux or Navara.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    went to toyota today. The hilux has good rear leg room. the sales rep claims that mas masikip daw ang Dmax, Strada, Navara. Says in terms of leg room, pinakamasikip ang Navara, Dmax, Strada, then Hilux. They call the G model 4x2 as Pre-Runner. Stance of the 4x4, but using the 2.5 engine, tuned to high torque than the typical innova and hilux 4x2. 1M+, 10K lang ang discount ang offer nila sa lahat ng variant except for the J model, na wala. Hmm, surprising, considering the economy, I expected they would have promo galore. I saw in Isuzu that for March, they have discount promo on the Dmax. Will try to drop by Isuzu then Mitsu to compare. I heard mas mura ang Dmax and Strada than the Hilux or Navara.

go for strada! may car club ka pa!

2009 model double cab pick ups 4x2, what do you recommend?