New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's the same overall diameter, then the speedo should still be accurate.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Assuming the overall diameter of your wheels would increase (likely), facts are:

> Would affect calibration of speedometer vis-a-vis realtime speed;
    > Would likely affect shifting configuration (if AT model);
    > More bumps (OUCH!)..unless otherwise replace dampers to Ranchos or OME
    > Cost you big bucks!

.... then again, this would give you xxx,000 pogi points!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TIS
    Assuming the overall diameter of your wheels would increase (likely), facts are:

> Would affect calibration of speedometer vis-a-vis realtime speed;
    > Would likely affect shifting configuration (if AT model);
    > More bumps (OUCH!)..unless otherwise replace dampers to Ranchos or OME
    > Cost you big bucks!

.... then again, this would give you xxx,000 pogi points!
    tama ka. went to the car show at sm megamall and saw a fortuner with 22" mags with 265/40/22 tires. astig tignan kaso pang perfect roads na talaga. 20" would be enough.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    merun naman atang goma na rugged tignan.. un dati sa patrol nila xenon bulbs.. parang offroader un tyres pero naka bling

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005

ito ulit ang mags na gusto ko

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think going for 20's depends on your needs. IMO if its a weekend car and goes only on well paved roads, does not carry excessive loads, you can tolerate a stiffer ride, you know your route-the roads you are taking are generally "good", and you've got the moolah then you can pimp your wheels. I think it'll look good with those massive blings. Minsan naglalaway ako sa mga "dubs" but then again I need stock thick tires because we use the suv for out of town excursions and I have alot of passengers so comfort is more important for me.

Otherwise, you can also go with the rugged yet refined look. Maybe 16's american racing blings, then some premium mud terrains or all terrain tires. but its a different story again

i've experienced upgrading to bigger wheels(but not as huge as 20's) and it does give a stiffer ride. acceleration was a bit off. I also had trouble with steering and alignments but it was nothing any goodyear shop can't fix. also, I could'nt go anywhere if I do not know the road is good. and I could'nt take alot of load/passengers bec. of the load limit on the tires. may setup rin kase ako sa likod. I had to take extra care when parking(baka magasgasan ang mags ) but i really enjoyed the cornering, and the increased speed ratings on the tires. oh, and of course the additional "wow" factor it gives - put on your shades, pump up the volume roll down the windows and cruise along the road coz your riding on dubs ah yeah, they know you're a playah

nga pala, just to warn you... you might feel concerned or "parang kawawa" yun chrome rims mo sa tag ulan that is if you're going to use it when its raining... aside from the rain and mud(and garbage floating around), prepare for rocks that might chip your wheels(i already have a couple). thats why i would rather recommend you pimp your weekend car... and use the daily driver on "unsure" rainy days... and you just cant wash it with ordinary sponge or wipe it with ordinary pranella baka magasgasan. My chromes have their own washmitt when I clean them and i use the mf to wipe them
    Last edited by cardo; September 29th, 2005 at 09:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs

ito ulit ang mags na gusto ko
    Modera B52s... just like these...

Nice din. Good alternative brand than of Rota

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    oo nga. meron kasi dealer malapit sa amin benta 40k lang, 20" na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    oo nga. meron kasi dealer malapit sa amin benta 40k lang, 20" na.
    mas mura pa nga yan kesa dun sa nakita ko. there was a dealer selling a set (with tires) before for around P98K. nga lang, when i got to meet him, naubos na yung tires, kaya yung wheels na lang for P55K.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    mas mura pa nga yan kesa dun sa nakita ko. there was a dealer selling a set (with tires) before for around P98K. nga lang, when i got to meet him, naubos na yung tires, kaya yung wheels na lang for P55K.
    What wheel/tyre combo was he selling?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
20" mags