New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    good day mga sir... bago lang po. i just want to share my experience with SOBIDA REMANUFACTURED TRUCKS. my father purchased the unit nov 2010. ginagamit on a daily basis with maintenance of course. then come july 2011, pauwi na kami ng crew ko from batangas, naputol timing belt sa ortigas fly-over. we had (no choice but) to tow the truck. cost me 4,500 from people power monument to timog ave. in front of gma.

the sales agent that my father negotiated with resigned from sobida two months before the vehicle broke down. wala kaming makausap na matino so kung ano man ang dapat o kung meron man sanang ma reimburse, hindi na naming hinabol. may mitL200 kami purchased noong 1992, tinakbo ang 150000km bago NAGPALIT (hindi naputulan ha, nagpalit) ng timing belt na in good condition pa din. ang millage ng sobida sa speedometer, 27850.1kms ng naputol.

the tyres they installed blew-out august 2011.

air conditioning broke down oct 2012.

we also had problems with the radiator (feb 2012) kasi puro kalawang kaya during straight runs, madali mag-init.

madumi at puno ng kalawang at latak ang fuel tank (aug 2012), which in turn damaged the filters and injection (sept 2012). hindi po ito nalubog sa baha. we can blame the fuel na baka may tubig pero in less than 2 years hindi dapat siya nag corrode ng ganun.

and lastly, being re-manufactured, hindi namin alam kung anong parts ba ang ginamit nila para sa makina (Isuzu 4JG2). as of today, we have to replace the engine parts (liner, piston, piston ring, main bearing, con-rod bearing, thrust washer, overhauling gasket, camshaft bushing, piston pin bushing, engine valve, valve guide) kasi kumatok ang makina.

maaring may magsasabi na "sana nagsama kayo ng mechanic para tinignan muna bago ninyo binili...". well actually mga sir, may kasama talaga silang mechanic bago binili. pero paano makikita ang internal components at parts kung well painted na at may cover pa ang engine? sinong buyer ang makapagsasabi ng state ng timing belt, radiator, fuel tank at aircon by visual inspection alone?

i shared this experience for potential buyers. hindi po paninira o anu pa man. maintained po ang sasakyan but still there are times na busy masyado kaya may very minimal, if not negligible, times of neglect. but this is something you do not expect from a vehicle, which the trader claimed is re-manufactured, for just a short period of time (less than 2 years).

so if someone is planning to purchase from SOBIDA, huwag na po kayong magdalawang isip tungkol sa pagbili... huwag na lang po kayong bumili.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quite a bit of Sobida on the road, but is that really a sign they are worth buying? So far only negative reviews from this thread.

Sobida quoted us 680,000 for a 2010 model FB body type NKR with 4BE1 (I believe an old engine model). Add 15,000 for a 2011 model with upgraded engine (4HF1).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    [QUOTE=rob11;2024581]good day mga sir... bago lang po. i just want to share my experience with SOBIDA REMANUFACTURED TRUCKS. my father purchased the unit nov 2010. ginagamit on a daily basis with maintenance of course. then come july 2011, pauwi na kami ng crew ko from batangas, naputol timing belt sa ortigas fly-over. we had (no choice but) to tow the truck. cost me 4,500 from people power monument to timog ave. in front of gma.

the sales agent that my father negotiated with resigned from sobida two months before the vehicle broke down. wala kaming makausap na matino so kung ano man ang dapat o kung meron man sanang ma reimburse, hindi na naming hinabol. may mitL200 kami purchased noong 1992, tinakbo ang 150000km bago NAGPALIT (hindi naputulan ha, nagpalit) ng timing belt na in good condition pa din. ang millage ng sobida sa speedometer, 27850.1kms ng naputol.

the tyres they installed blew-out august 2011.

air conditioning broke down oct 2012.

we also had problems with the radiator (feb 2012) kasi puro kalawang kaya during straight runs, madali mag-init.

madumi at puno ng kalawang at latak ang fuel tank (aug 2012), which in turn damaged the filters and injection (sept 2012). hindi po ito nalubog sa baha. we can blame the fuel na baka may tubig pero in less than 2 years hindi dapat siya nag corrode ng ganun.

and lastly, being re-manufactured, hindi namin alam kung anong parts ba ang ginamit nila para sa makina (Isuzu 4JG2). as of today, we have to replace the engine parts (liner, piston, piston ring, main bearing, con-rod bearing, thrust washer, overhauling gasket, camshaft bushing, piston pin bushing, engine valve, valve guide) kasi kumatok ang makina.

maaring may magsasabi na "sana nagsama kayo ng mechanic para tinignan muna bago ninyo binili...". well actually mga sir, may kasama talaga silang mechanic bago binili. pero paano makikita ang internal components at parts kung well painted na at may cover pa ang engine? sinong buyer ang makapagsasabi ng state ng timing belt, radiator, fuel tank at aircon by visual inspection alone?

i shared this experience for potential buyers. hindi po paninira o anu pa man. maintained po ang sasakyan but still there are times na busy masyado kaya may very minimal, if not negligible, times of neglect. but this is something you do not expect from a vehicle, which the trader claimed is re-manufactured, for just a short period of time (less than 2 years).

so if someone is planning to purchase from SOBIDA, huwag na po kayong magdalawang isip tungkol sa pagbili... huwag na lang po kay

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    I know of Alliance (Bacoor, Cavite) and Kali Marketing (Sucat) they supply used trucks and now they have partnered with Japanese to sell brand new Hino trucks (proven track record).

Here's some guys I know:

Alliance | Bart Baque (09325184643)

Kali Marketing | Roderick Tan (09228768138)

The difference with them and the others is that these guys care for their customer base. The boss is hands on and even communicates with the buyer. I had a great experience with them.

They would suggest trucks that is suited for the business you are doing; hindi lang basta benta.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sobida Motor Corporation