New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Rota Wheels beefs up exports

Malaya Business Insights
    Dec. 22, 2009

Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc. (PAWI) manufacturer of Rota Wheels brand of automotive alloy wheels is beefing up its export business due the wider acceptance of the product by its customers.

Romy Roxas, president of PAWI, said exports now constitute about 70 percent of their total sales. Depending on the month of the year, the domestic original equipment market (OEM) accounts for some 20 percent to 25 percent and the local after-market 5 percent to 10 percent of total sales.

For the last 28 years, PAWI has been exporting Rota Wheels to 17 different countries in four continents.

Its main export markets include the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Israel, Singapore, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Pakistan, Malaysia, Japan and Australia.

[SIZE=3]According to Roxas, Rota Wheels is at par with Japanese and European brands. In terms of product quality, it is considered more superior to some Chinese and Indonesian brands.[/SIZE]

It is also competitively priced, he said.

Rota Wheels is a brand of automotive alloy wheels that come in various painted or chromed finish.

Rota Wheels is now one of the most successful export products of the Philippine automotive parts making industry.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    A lot of tuning shops in the US use Rota Wheels.

I made a colection of sketchup 3D models of some of their products
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...9c483024f23820

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My Sentra has Rota Wheels.

Akala ko imported ang Rota. I'm happy with quality.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Rota yata ang oem ng wheels ng mitsubishi, honda at nissan na distributes sa pinas.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Lynx RS mags are a special one-off by ROTA. No Ford or Mazda gets them outside of Southeast Asia.

ROTA mags aren't as good as some of the more expensive Japanese mags... but the key word here is expensive. You can get a good set of ROTAs, run them on the racetrack, smash one up every year for four years, and still spend less overall than you would have spent on a set of original forged racing mags from Japan... which will eventually break or bend, anyway, if you're doing wheel-to-wheel racing or drifting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I used to have a set of Rota wheels for my Lancer 96 Gli. They look great. They only cost around 12k then...I dont know how much they cost now.

Anyway, they look great and very sturdy!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I got a Rota Gram light mag wheel on my car .

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Aftershock

Tarmac 3

Cobra 3

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Some of ROTA's satisfied customers...

http://www.rotawheels.com/images/rotahead.gif

Last edited by jpdm; January 1st, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    www.rotawheels.com

Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc. (PAWI), was established on October 8, 1976 as a joint venture between FPS of Italy and Romeo S. Rojas to engage in the manufacture of alloy wheels in the Philippines.

The company's first production of its Rota brand of wheels was in 1977, with an initial production capacity of 4,000 wheels a month. In just the company's first year, Rota wheels are chosen by Chrysler-Mitsubishi (Philippines) as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for its vehicles passing through the stringent OEM specifications of its parent company in Japan.

The following year saw other major car assemblers engaging the services of the company to manufacture their OE wheel requirements for their vehicles. These companies included Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.

In 1983, after seven years of operation, [SIZE=2]PAWI became a 100% Filipino corporation. It also marked the year that Japanese technology was introduced into the company's manufacturing operations.[/SIZE]

In 1988, PAWI develops its "magnesium-strengthened, heat treatable alloy," making Rota wheels lighter yet stronger and more durable.

The following year saw a major upgrade of facilities as PAWI introduced state-of-the-art technological improvements in the form of the latest equipment and machines that speed up and improve chemical analysis, machining, painting and finishing. With the comeback of Toyota into the Philippine market, they chose Rota wheels as their OE wheels, as well as Daihatsu.

In 1990, a milestone was met when PAWI hits a record production of 20,000 Rota wheels per month.

Today, PAWI produces alloy wheels of world-class quality, using state-of-the-art technology. A new series of upgrading has since boosted its production capacity to new heights of 50,000 wheels a month. More than ten times of its capacity when it first started.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Rota Wheels, Local OEM alloy wheels exporter