New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    900 thousand?

if the rumor that the price of the prius being brought here (the outgoing model, that is) would be similar to that of the corolla... nobody's gonna buy this.

even worse for the G-wiz if the tata nano goes here

Heck. a table was faster than the G-wiz.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; April 8th, 2009 at 07:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, that Top Gear race was a crock. Just like their "simulated" battery draining on the Tesla Roadster.

The G-Car website isn't up anymore. They used to exhibit at QC Circle. The G-Car is basically an open cart... like a Golf Cart, except with road-worthy wheels and (hopefully) brakes and a nicer body.

Aside from G-Car, which was locally developed (or rebodied, depending on what's underneath) and the Reva, there are already quite a few electric cars already being sold in the Philippines.

The group that sold those electric trains to SM MOA sells them to the public. They're pretty basic, simply trams with roofs, but no doors and an open structure, but they're cheap. Under 400k for the short wheelbase 8-seater, and just under 800k for the long-wheelbase ones they use at MOA. About 40kms range, I think. My dad has one.

MDJuan, which formerly manufactured the MVPMAP PhUV now has an electric PhUV, the e-Jeepney, which has been running at Makati for the past year and is road-legal, with a license plate.

There's another group that promised to bring in a Chinese electric... the one which formed the basis of the Zap Xebra. (Which sold for under 250k in China, but is being sold for about 1m in the US... really smart of Zap... ) I have not heard any confirmation yet whether this will push through.
    Last edited by niky; April 8th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

The main problem is the high SRP price based on earlier inquiries (P900K) due to taxes, etc.
    indeed, being environmentally friendly has its price... haiz...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Na test drive ko na ang Reva and ang ingay ng aircon. Dyan ko
    sa SMOA ko test drive. At 900,000pesos only a nationalistic
    Indian in the philippines would buy it. Maganda sana if they can offer it
    for lease. Pag lease me laban sya.

Drive wise ok sya sa akin. I test drived the alto later and mas maganda
    steering ng alto basic model.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, that Top Gear race was a crock. Just like their "simulated" battery draining on the Tesla Roadster.
    hahaha. the following table crash cracked me up

too bad the G-car "joyride" in the QC circle was not equivalent to a testdrive

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    were they still for sale? how much kaya? any pricelist sa mga yun?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    were they still for sale? how much kaya? any pricelist sa mga yun?
    Last I heard, planned selling price of the G-Car was around 250k. But since then, I've heard nothing, and they haven't returned my e-mails.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    nacucurious tuloy ako what happend to them. thanks sir niky for the price. i cant seem to find their site na rin here on the internet. i know it was said before at dito rin na down na yung site nila pero akala ko dati temporary lang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    900k? it's too exorbitant for a two-seater mini car. if it was priced at around 100k, it would be reasonable.

if you want to save gas, just buy a motorcycle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    it was the battery and its features that was taxed heavily

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast