Jun 2007

I like this one dmax na kapamilya pa...

Courtesy of lewdsaint of skyscrapercity

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    “That is all very well, but who is to bell the Cat?”
    from Aesop's fable The Mice in Council

Who will redesign the jeepney? A totally new design, from the ground up. Starting from the interior layout, using ergonomic principles, to the propulsion system.
    Well, pag gusto may paraan, pag ayaw, marami silang idadahilan. I think our engineers can do it. I mean, if the local tambay can make a PUJ, paano pa kaya ang mahusay na engineer?

Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    And just changing the front end to look modern does not count.
    This pretty much says it all. No one was getting the point of the jeepney critics.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pag ganyan kaki-kinis medyo takot maningit ng alanganin yan dahil......sana nga

pogi ng fortuner nguso tapos naka HID

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Manila jeepneys vs. Ilongo jeepneys

Manila Jeepneys Courtesy of alcogoodwin of skyscrapercity

Patok jeep courtesy of skyscraper100 of skyscrapercity

Iloilo jeeps by Shyaman of Skyscrapercity

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by borz View Post
    We already practice this one in Iloilo. We have designated terminals for every provincial bound jeepneys and buses, thus not ading congestion to city traffic. Only jeepneys authorised to ply the city are being permitted to enter the City Proper. Although, traffic is still there but improved and not as congested compared to EDSA, even during rush hours.
    There you go. Kaya naman pala ng Pinoy. I've seen good driving habits from people in Palawan as well.

The Ilonggo jeepneys look much more aerodynamic and have a lower center of gravity than the ones in Manila. They look a bit heavy though. These are most likely more fuel efficient than the old ones. I wouldn't mind seeing these jeeps in Manila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Manila jeepneys vs. Ilongo jeepneys

Manila Jeepneys Courtesy of alcogoodwin of skyscrapercity

Langya.....ang pangit nga ng Manila Jeepneys! Bulok na ang design, ang bigat pang tingnan!

Compare that to this Iloilo Fortuner Jeep, very clean and more "elegant" ang dating.......

Dalhin na rito yung mga Iloilo jeeps dito sa Manila............

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    PUJs in Iloilo look clean too. Looks like owners of those take care of their business. Heck...I think I've said enough about PUJs in Manila.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    PUJs in Iloilo look clean too. Looks like owners of those take care of their business.
    Well they must, Ilonggos are choosy about their ride. Mangangamote kita nila kung so-so lang pinapasada nilang jeep.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    would be front facing seats be viable?? it's more comfortable, and a left side entrance would also come handy. ala bus na!

btw, i suggest original pinoy designed jeepneys rather than front cuts with jeepney ends...no offense meant ha the iloilo jeeps looks like our "multicab" (zuk carry transformed as people mover or jeepnet) end but bigger and has a more handsome front end.

someone in one of the threads at tsikot design and research forum gave out a design of the "future" jeepneys. just forgot who it was! the concept was colored yellow looks good too.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008

The Philippine Jeepney...