New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ayos din ang ganito ah, para sa right side ka nalang sasakay at bababa.. also, front facing seats more comfortable i think. but the downside is, there will be less passengers for each jeepney na. ala bus na sya.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by borz View Post
    Try to ride one, you might forget and leave your balls sticking on the jeep's upholstery.

???? CRDI? Sorry bro, didn't get you're point on that when you are discussing about safety.
    I ride PUJs almost everyday. And I believe they won't be safe anytime soon. And about the CRDI thing, I think it'll be plus 10,000 points for innovation when they manage to make a CRDI-powered PUJ.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    ayos din ang ganito ah, para sa right side ka nalang sasakay at bababa.. also, front facing seats more comfortable i think. but the downside is, there will be less passengers for each jeepney na. ala bus na sya.
    Sadly, these things were made with foreigners in mind.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This just makes me sad.

Pinoy talaga, wala na ginawa kundi manlait ng kapwa. Pero kapag sumikat, sila namang proud nila, balimbing talaga. Nung kasikatan ng Sarao motors, even know to other foreign countries because of its design, everyone was proud of it. Nung nawala, siya namang panlalait, kesyo wala na daw sa uso, unsafe, yada.. yada... di ka ba naman balimbing...
    Kung walang dahilan para mapintasan, hindi pinipintasan. But not all people can afford to be ignorant. The Sarao story never turned into a Toyota story or a Proton story. What was in the '50s and '60s is the same today. Well, except for hydrovac brakes and "body kits" in PUJs in the south. Where's Toyota and Proton today? Thank innovation for their success.

And please, Filipino psyche has nothing to do with criticisms of the PUJ. People here are car nuts, and they know what they're talking about. You know what, maybe the problem is we always try to find something to be proud of when there's none. Let's see...Pacquiao? He's a good boxer. But he's a national shame if he runs for congress. That's just another example.

MD Juan is now becoming famous and making it's name even to the US because of it's restoration of WWII military jeeps (note: the Jeeps are the predecessors of our jeepneys) but how come no one is ranting on it? Kasi sikat, kasi gawang pinoy at gumagawa ng pangalan abroad. But wait, what if MD Juan's jeeps didn't click? I'm sure madami na tayo narinig na negative particularly dito sa tsikot.
    Saw their website (it's a top-notch site) and I was impressed by all of the features that they put in their pages. Their products seem to be sound enough not to be criticized. But I didn't see PUJs anywhere on their site.

Hay... pinoy kelan ka magbabago...? Kelan ka aasenso...? hehehe
    The sooner we accept our mistakes, the earlier (and better) we can develop as a people.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; July 11th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Jeepneys in our country is getting the bashing it deserved.

For 50 years, the basic design has not been improved upon except for the borloloys.

The riding public deserved more.
    They were clever machines in 1945, ancient in 2009.

Time to move forward, Pinoys. You are being left behind.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    This just makes me sad.

Kung walang dahilan para mapintasan, hindi pinipintasan. But not all people can afford to be ignorant. The Sarao story never turned into a Toyota story or a Proton story. What was in the '50s and '60s is the same today. Well, except for hydrovac brakes and "body kits" in PUJs in the south. Where's Toyota and Proton today? Thank innovation for their success.

And please, Filipino psyche has nothing to do with criticisms of the PUJ. People here are car nuts, and they know what they're talking about. You know what, maybe the problem is we always try to find something to be proud of when there's none. Let's see...Pacquiao? He's a good boxer. But he's a national shame if he runs for congress. That's just another example.

Saw their website (it's a top-notch site) and I was impressed by all of the features that they put in their pages. Their products seem to be sound enough not to be criticized. But I didn't see PUJs anywhere on their site.

The sooner we accept our mistakes, the earlier (and better) we can develop as a people.
    well said. i guess this will wake those who still like the jeepneys around.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This just makes me sad.

Well, sad as you may say but this goes to all Manilenos I guess. As far as I'm concerned only you're jeepney's plying the streets of Metro Manila were kept unevolved since the dinosaur era. And as unsafe as hell. I'm not that ignorant bro. I know the difference between the quality of your jeepneys there compared to ours. And I can say,they are miles away in comparison. People here don't only manufacture jeepneys for public transport we also have an annual car show where jeepneys are showcased. Let's not generalize.

I didn't say they are a PUJ manufacturer, rather I related thier product being the predecessor design of PUJs.

Try visiting this blog (although this blog was two years ago, and the pictures I have posted in this thread are only recent, just see the difference) http://iloveiloilo.com/?p=517 (Note: Im neither the owner of the blog nor part of any jeepney manufacturer). Maybe you will agree with me that what you are talking about purely addresses only you Manilenios. We, on our part have already evolved, even to Foreign markets, and continue to evolve.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I ride PUJs almost everyday. And I believe they won't be safe anytime soon. And about the CRDI thing, I think it'll be plus 10,000 points for innovation when they manage to make a CRDI-powered PUJ.

PUJs in Manila, yes, but have you tried riding on the ones I have posted? I guess not.

http://iloveiloilo.com/?p=517 You can request for a CRDI engine if you want, just prepare for a much larger expenses of course.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    *borz all jeeps ba sa inyo sa iloilo naka hydrovac brakes? is this a mandatory requirement for jeepneys? if then, dapat gayahin ng every city ang requirements ng LTO.

to be honest i also found those old jeeps unsafe. yesterday we had an ankle-deep flood in my place and the jeepney's brake was grinding or screeching
    I don't think it's a mandatory requirement bro, since manila jeepneys still have those mechanical brakes I guess, it's just that majority of the jeepney owners here opted to have one for more braking power and for added safety. Baka next time makakita na ako ng naka-front disk brakes, hopefully.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I agree that MM jeeps are long overdue for a redesign but more than anything, the driving habits of jeepney drivers are more of a safety issue than anything else.

Traffic would be so much lighter if these drivers did half of what they're supposed to. I think we should start setting fixed boarding and drop off points for jeeps. Even if each jeep stop is just 1Km away from the next I'm willing to bet traffic will be so much better. What do you guys think?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
The Philippine Jeepney...