New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread/forum to post my inquiry. But I just need to know if Philippine AUVs (brand new) aren't available anymore? And that means local assemblers are a thing of the past already?

The reason why I ask this is that I'm planning to put up a business in the near future, which requires a commercial vehicle to transport goods. I was hoping to go for locally made ones.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ang dami nito sa pampanga meron pang muka ng HILUX,FORT ,ETC may nakita ako pajero look galing hehehe and dati may nakita akong revo VX200 ba yun ganun ang dating hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread/forum to post my inquiry. But I just need to know if Philippine AUVs (brand new) aren't available anymore? And that means local assemblers are a thing of the past already?

The reason why I ask this is that I'm planning to put up a business in the near future, which requires a commercial vehicle to transport goods. I was hoping to go for locally made ones.
    Thanks.
    from what area kayo sir?

marami pa rin ang local AUV manufacturers, nag-hibernate lang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sa Cainta ako bro. May I ask if they have Internet presence.... a website perhaps?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    still a lot of those "mini-Canters"(sorry, dunno what else to call them) doing shuttle service duty for CCP complex. dunno if one shop makes them, but they're all colored orange B) still runs relatively well, but it's hell on your knees :p

me kamag anak akong may ari ng ganyang van...he really knows how to take care of the van, hanggang ngayon good running condition pa rin, pati engine bay ang linis. pretty old pero laking pakinabang sa hakutan.

if the multicab counts as an AUV, then it's still quite alive and thriving sa provinces. The MoA shuttle service also uses extended body multicabs -- di ko akalaing kakayanin mg makina ung extra length/weight...then again wala namang incline from buendia going to MoA B)

nung minsang naligaw kami sa UP Diliman, me nakita kaming isang stainless steel van that looked like an old tamaraw; stainless steel all throughout, walang pintura, but the build quality looked good B)

i started a post a few years back about Francisco Motors(former distributor ng Mazda, makers of Anfra vans); ang sabi pabalik na raw sila, but i haven't gotten any news about them lately

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Sa Cainta ako bro. May I ask if they have Internet presence.... a website perhaps?

Thanks.
    Alam ko bro you really have to go to their place.

Here in Cavte, you can still find alot of local fabricators willing to assemble AUVs...you can even choose you design.

I will try to check my contacts and i will post it here.

Local auv manufactures are still alive especially in Pampanga and Bulacan..

In Iloilo, Negros and Cebu, local AUvs look fantastic!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    [SIZE=3]still a lot of those "mini-Canters"(sorry, dunno what else to call them) doing shuttle service duty for CCP complex.[/SIZE] dunno if one shop makes them, but they're all colored orange B) still runs relatively well, but it's hell on your knees :p

i started a post a few years back about Francisco Motors(former distributor ng Mazda, makers of Anfra vans); ang sabi pabalik na raw sila, but i haven't gotten any news about them lately

They are called Pinoy I and Pinoy II. Made by Francisco Motors during the haydays of Philippine AUvs. They were replaced eventually by FMC's Anfra.

FMC stopped producing Anfra AUVs during the late 1990s.

FMC planned to relaunched Anfra but events perhaps overtaken the AUV's resurrection.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Naalala ko tuloy yung Atendido Parejo, it was meant to be a gen1 Pajero knockoff, medyo mahal din siya at that time, around P400k yata, as expected di ito bumenta, but I think what ultimately killed it was Toyota, when Toyota came to town with the Tamaraw FX.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Naalala ko tuloy yung Atendido Parejo, it was meant to be a gen1 Pajero knockoff, medyo mahal din siya at that time, around P400k yata, as expected di ito bumenta, but I think what ultimately killed it was Toyota, when Toyota came to town with the Tamaraw FX.
    Im not sure but i think what killed atendido parejo is that mitsubishi sued atendido...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Panther AUV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Philippine AUVs (Carter, Castro, Panther, Dragon, Atendido)