New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    guys maganda ba magloan sa Bank instead of cash (if meron nang poangfull)?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Sayang ang interest... savings na din yun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by commercial View Post
    Pay in full if you got nothing to do with the cash, now if you plan to use the money for a business of some sort, that's another story.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Paid cash only twice on a 2nd gen crv and 1.5 city, if you can get good deal through financing like 16% in 4 years with free chattel and insurance..its a good deal already..there are dealers that have promos like 50% down, 0% interest on the balance...look for those

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    0% interest promos usually come with big discounts for full cash purchase ...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    0% interest promos usually come with big discounts for full cash purchase ...
    ... aside from being quite rare, this promo is normally only offered for slow selling/possible discontinuance/old model units.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    ... aside from being quite rare, this promo is normally only offered for slow selling/possible discontinuance/old model units.
    or preferred customers....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    I had similar experience

9. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    What's your take on taking off thermostats?

My car is from Japan and it has a thermostat (not sure if cars sold in the Philippines also have thermostats). It sometimes overheats and I'm thinking it's because the water does not circulate. I say this because I check the radiator and reservoir everyday and sometimes the amount of water in the reservoir does not decrease. It should decrease because the radiator cap is broken so water leaks from there (haven't had the chance to find a good replacement yet). That is why I check everyday. I pour distilled water in the radiator and reservoir every morning.

The mechanic suggested to take it off since we don't need it in our climate. A lot of mechanics suggest that here in the PH.

After the mechanic took off the thermostat, my car's engine temp is at the 0-20% when I start the car. The other night, I drove it for a couple of minutes and the temp did not go up because of the wind and also the fan was on.

I read in some articles that it can actually hurt your car and the fuel efficiency if the engine is cold.

What do you guys think? Should I just leave the thermostat taken out?

TIA!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'd put a thermostat with a lower temperature rating so it opens earlier than what you currently have. Have the same experience with a few Euro imports before. They come in without auxiliary fans and thermostats that open at almost 100 degrees. We replaced them with those rated in the 70 degrees so they'd open earlier. Didn't overheat anymore and temperature isn't too cold.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast