New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I don't know if anyone has started this thread yet but I can't find one so I'll ask you guys thanks.

I am going to buy a new car for coding replacement, I want something cute, not a sedan nor a hatchback, I want a cute and boxy styled car. So I ended up with two choices na pareho halos ang presyo, don't care about the brand nor the resale value, nor do I care about how well it will perform since its just a coding car and I want it to be cute, slightly unique among others.

Ended up with Kia Soul 1.6 for 899k and Suzuki Jimny 805k. So which is which????

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by normyline22 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has started this thread yet but I can't find one so I'll ask you guys thanks.

I am going to buy a new car for coding replacement, I want something cute, not a sedan nor a hatchback, I want a cute and boxy styled car. So I ended up with two choices na pareho halos ang presyo, don't care about the brand nor the resale value, nor do I care about how well it will perform since its just a coding car and I want it to be cute, slightly unique among others.

Ended up with Kia Soul 1.6 for 899k and Suzuki Jimny 805k. So which is which????

I like driving the Kia SOUL, having driven the 1.6L last year and the 2.0L version the year before that. It feels modern, young and trendy. It accelerates well to around 100kph with it's 1.6L engine. Seats four to five adults well. Ride quality is good and comfortable. Handling is good too as it can do quick turns and maneuvers with confidence. Only major downside is the small cargo space. Trying to accelerate from 100kph and up, you will quickly find the engine lacking in more "oomph".

The Suzuki Jimny is cramp inside, practical space for only two people. The people seated at the back seat will quickly find very little legroom. Bigger guys will be seated shoulder to shoulder. I could unlock the passenger door just by reaching for the door, I don't even have to bend over my body. The ride quality of this vehicle is hard/stiff, great if you are planning an offroad trek but too harsh for a city car.

My choice (among your choices), KIA SOUL 1.6L.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 5th, 2011 at 09:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Okay ang pang-coding mo bro,- brand new car (P800K+)....

Typically kasi, ang pang-coding, e pre-owned.....

13.0K:funa:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Between the 2, for city driving the Soul is definitely better. But if you want to do some minor off-roading, then Jimny na.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I like driving the Kia SOUL, having driven the 1.6L last year and the 2.0L version the year before that. It feels modern, young and trendy. It accelerates well to around 100kph with it's 1.6L engine. Seats four to five adults well. Ride quality is good and comfortable. Handling is good too as it can do quick turns and maneuvers with confidence. Only major downside is the small cargo space. Trying to accelerate from 100kph and up, you will quickly find the engine lacking in more "oomph".

The Suzuki Jimny is cramp inside, practical space for only two people. The people seated at the back seat will quickly find very little legroom. Bigger guys will be seated shoulder to shoulder. I could unlock the passenger door just by reaching for the door, I don't even have to bend over my body. The ride quality of this vehicle is hard/stiff, great if you are planning an offroad trek but too harsh for a city car.

My choice (among your choices), KIA SOUL 1.6L.
    Thanks for the vote hehehe yeah if I seat on driver side of jimny and adjusted the chair for my comfort. There will be no one else that can't seat on my back(rear chair) went to suzuki and kia yesterday, the guy from suzuki says mag-soul na lang ako

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by normyline22 View Post
    Thanks for the vote hehehe yeah if I seat on driver side of jimny and adjusted the chair for my comfort. There will be no one else that can't seat on my back(rear chair) went to suzuki and kia yesterday, the guy from suzuki says mag-soul na lang ako
    Hahaha!

Let's hear it from Bro.hondaboot....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Okay ang pang-coding mo bro,- brand new car (P800K+)....

Typically kasi, ang pang-coding, e pre-owned.....

Main car kasi is monty =) and ayoko po boss ng sedan or hatch... Getting an SUV like 2007-up like x-trail, crv, would cost me 500k na rin... 5 years old na din yun tsikot, getting a pre-owned jimny would cost 350k for 2003 model 8 years old na siya... second hand na soul ganun na din price kasi 2.0 lang naman yun second hand... so opted for half down na lang (maliit lang monthly) may warranty pa boss di lang din for coding... para pag ako lang din magisa ang sakay, pwede na pahinga monty.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Between the 2, for city driving the Soul is definitely better. But if you want to do some minor off-roading, then Jimny na.
    zero plans of off-roading boss Ry hehehe gusto ko lang boxy style naman...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    And if you want to do even more off-roading, Jimny pa rin.

The Jimny is really for a limited market only; if you want a nice weekend offroad toy with 4WD and are a sporty type who goes off to places where road condition is iffy. If its really just for city driving then the Soul would be better as mentioned; you also have a Monty already so i guess the sedan does match out better.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll go for the kia soul.
    malaki na naging improvement ng kia motors sa mga nilalabas nilang mga vehicles lalu na sa mpv at crossover variants.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Coding car