New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I saw this advertisement and shows that indeed there are lots of enterprising Pinoy who would like to enter the highly competitive local auto market...

This shows that Pinoys have the capability of coming with their own vehicles probably in the future...

Check this images:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I saw this advertisement and shows that indeed there are lots of enterprising Pinoy who would like to enter the highly competitive local auto market...

This shows that Pinoys have the capability of coming with their own vehicles probably in the future...

Check this images:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sana ok FC. Eto na lang kesa MC.

As to Pinoys have the capability of coming with their own vehicles probably in the future... parang owner type jeepney lang ito. Nirecondition.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; May 15th, 2008 at 06:47 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Ok na sir

Anyway, the car looks good although the market for it will be very small....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I once had an EMPI style dune buggy. During the mid-eighties, most of the car manufacturers had left the Philippines (including mighty Toyota) so a Beetle based car was a good idea. VW parts were still plenty and cheap. We knew this guy who had a repair shop. He used to make buggies and he still had the fiberglass moulds. He could have one assembled for me. And he did.

It was my first car. Since it was my only car, I drove it everywhere - to malls, to school, to dates, to a funeral (no choice as we all could not fit into the family car) and to work. I drove it every start of the week to Batangas (where I used to work) and back to Manila for the weekend. I drove it in all sorts of weather, from sunny days to typhoon strength wind and rains. Cloudy days meant that the top came off and the magic begins.

Imagine this: you're the center of attention, people smile at you, kids scream with delight on seeing your car, chicks want to ride in your car. And the price of admission isn't that much since it's just a VW.

The downside? There is no place to put luggage. Bad weather protection consists of plastic curtains. The ride is stiff and the cowl shakes when driving over rough roads. Side impact protection is non-existent (it's just fiberglass between you and another vehicle). A buggy with a stock VW engine is not very fast. Most cars today will out-run it.

But on smooth rural winding roads, on a cloudy day, there's nothing like driving a dune buggy. With its top down of course.

I had to sell my car when I went overseas. I miss it so much.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    And I think this type of vehicle is very applicable to Philippine terrain and weather especially during the dry season....especially in the provinces--specifically in resort towns.....in beaches.....in tagaytay...in Baguio....in Bukidnon.....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [SIZE=4]One problem with the dune buggy is that there's no space for anything else but pasengers. Maybe attaching a fashionable trailer to it can solve the problem.

[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    And I think this type of vehicle is very applicable to Philippine terrain and weather especially during the dry season....especially in the provinces--specifically in resort towns.....in beaches.....in tagaytay...in Baguio....in Bukidnon.....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mga bros....thank you sa complements...esp bro jpdm ...We are proud to say..tatak pinoy ito mga bro ( although some part are imported ... )...We really really made this ride comfortable and suitable for competitive drivers... and for bro kitsons..pweding pwede bro natin lagyan nang carrier yan sa roof or sa rear ng buggy...lahat pwede..hehehehehehheh

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    *buggyboy,

You should also post your ACR Buggy in the Volkswagen club of the Philippines forums (vwcp.org). I'm sure many VW enthusiasts there would be interested in what you are doing.

Suggested future projects:
    - offer other buggy body styles like EMPI or Meyer Manx (para retro).
    - VW based hummer.

Question: How did you make the clutch and accelerator cables shorter?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Acr Buggy