New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    may bagong option na naman ang mga carnappers hehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    In case people don't believe them anymore, naglabas na naman ang Peugeot ng press release: Peugeot roars back into the Philippines - The Philippine Star » Business Features » Motoring. There was also an ad in today's Phil. Star announcing that there will be 12 dealers nationwide. That's even more than Volvo who's been around much longer and whose distributorship once handled (and bungled) the Peugeot brand. Considering it's now under the same group that distributes BMW and Kia, this brand just might become a serious contender. With pricing projected in these ranges, let's see:
    ... early indications point that the Peugeot models will range from P1,480,000 to P1,780,000 for the 3008; P1,780,000 to P1,980,000 for the 508; P1,680,000 to P1,880,000 for the 5008; and P2,580,000 for the RCZ.
    Last edited by JackFlash; October 24th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1.480-1.780M for this one?

:hysterical:

The 508 and the RCZ looks promising though. But at 2.580M for the RCZ, I'd take home a Stang instead.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    1.480-1.780M for this one?

:hysterical:

The 508 and the RCZ looks promising though. But at 2.580M for the RCZ, I'd take home a Stang instead.
    Might be a competitor to the Tucson. Pwede na ang price for its features. Yung 5008 might be a cheaper competitor to the Alphard and Town & Country. Tignan natin how the market will accept Peugoet with their mostly diesel line up and attractive prices for a European brand.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Given the price points, I'd say it will most likely be a niche product. Pricing is aggressive for a CBU from Europe, that in itself is expensive already. Sana they fare better vs Opel and old Peugeot distributor, who priced entry level cars at premium prices kaya di pumatok. Plus mahal piyesa kaya mataas cost of maintenance.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Very aggressive nga ang Columbian Auto Cars group in marketing Peugeot. Next year 12 dealers na agad.

And I've just research on the 3008, it's a compact crossover. That means it's in direct competition with the Sportage and the Tucson. And the variants are 52k-112k more expensive than the diesel variants of the Tucson (1.368M for the 4x2 Tucson, 1.480M for the 1.6 HDi Allure 3008; 1.728M for the 4x4 Tucson, 1.780M for the 2.0 HDi Allure 3008). One advantage of the Tucson would be having a 4x4 variant, which the 3008 doesn't have. Pero the consumers are the real winners here because mas marami nang choices. Pero ok din features ng 3008 based on the leaked spec sheet ng Top Gear Philippines.

Yung 508 naman, Camry at Accord naman ang competitors. Same pricing scheme with the Toyota and the Honda, but the 508 offers more features than the 2 Japanese executive sedans and offers what the Japs didn't offer: a diesel engine. So we might see more the 508 on the roads in the coming months.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    3 Peugeot dealers will open to the public in December. Peugeot Global City, Peugeot Las Piñas, and Peugeot Cabanatuan. The question is, where in Global City will Peugeot's dealer be? In Las Piñas it's already given that it would be located at Alabang-Zapote Road possibly near Hyundai Las Piñas, and in Cabanatuan it might be near Hyundai and Nissan along Maharlika Highway.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Peugeot Quirino Avenue opens by December...Under renovation ang Kia Quirino Avenue....

The 508 and 5008 looks nice!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The one in Las Pinas is of course, right beside Kia Las Pinas between Casimiro and Uniwide/Super8. Personally, I like the 3008. Lots of goodies for the price.. Very much considering getting the two liter version.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just came home from the Auto Focus motor show. One of the vehicles I test drove is the 508. Here are my thoughts:

- Features are very European, it has a BMW i-Drive-like interface, but easier to use than the i-Drive. Next year they will include GPS Navigation.
    - It has an electronic parking brake that automatically engages once you turn off the engine.
    - The audio system is really good, no need to upgrade it (8 speaker JBL HIFI)
    - Engine is very quiet for a diesel, and very responsive for a 2.0L diesel (165 ps/163 hp and 340 Nm of torque *2000 rpm)
    - Engine start/stop button is at the left side, beside the parking brake button.
    - Ride is very comfortable
    - Leather seats are very soft, you can easily fall asleep there if you are the passenger
    - Aircon is 4 zone
    - It has DRLs which is organized in a circle that should house the halogen high beam, it is above the Bi-Xenon HID projector lamps
    - To open the trunk from the outside, the button is at the number 0 of the 508 at the rear portion
    - It has paddle shifts and the transmission shifts very smooth.

Its prices are 1.795M for the base variant 1.6 eHDi Active, 1.895M for the 1.6 eHDi Allure, and 1.995M for the top of the line variant 2.0 HDi Allure. My verdict for this: this will definitely eat into the market of the top of the line variants of the Camry and the Accord. It has a cheaper price, but it has more features, and most importantly, all its variants are equipped with CRDi diesel engines with Diesel Particle Filter.

I ask the SA and one of the heads there regarding the maintenance costs of Peugeot now that it is being run by Columbian Autocar Group. They all said the price wise, it is a bit more expensive than the Japanese and the Koreans, but significantly cheaper than their sister company BMW.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast