New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hey guys,

just went to visit Jing of Zinggoy's today. After reading so many post about where he used to be I decided to visit him. Turns out he has moved to Pasig. He moved so far into Pasig that I though I was in Antipolo already hehe... maybe I was... Anyway, as to my opinion, Jing is a nice person to talk to, very knowlegable in explaining to me what had to be done and why it had to be done. He really took time to explain to me what they would do and answered all my questions.

His shop looked very professional. I didn't even notice that he had an oven at the back. When I got there, he showed me a civic his crew was working on and gave me a run down on what they did to that car. As for other cars, his crew was working on a BMW, Jag and a couple of oldies... all looking sharp mind you! Then i saw a body of what I could only assume was a body of a cobra or an austin martin, it was under a thin film of plastic so I didn't really get to see what it was. But very very interesting in my part.

As to what materials he uses, he told me he uses dupont for his paint, and clear coat... I would believe him 100% since dupont philippines office is right next door to his place. After looking at the brochure he gave me Filcarrozzeria is like an official body repair training center for dupont philippines and actually ventured into full time automobile repair. So I guess that removes any doubt that they will use sub standard paint.

Anyway, I asked jing as to how much it would cost to get my civic replaced and he quoted me 32k for the whole thing including dents and alignment or panels. He was also happy to help me look for a truck lid cover ( mine was misalligned and he said to better just replace it. does anybody wanna buy an old truck lid or sell me one?) So what do you think guys? 32k for the whole car to look like new? Dupont everything from top to bottom. Is it worthit? or should i try to look for other paint shops out there? Some advice please.

Filcarrozzeria
    tel: 916-0578; 916-0580
    jing's cel: 09186102994

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MadoX View Post
    hey guys,

just went to visit Jing of Zinggoy's today. After reading so many post about where he used to be I decided to visit him. Turns out he has moved to Pasig. He moved so far into Pasig that I though I was in Antipolo already hehe... maybe I was... Anyway, as to my opinion, Jing is a nice person to talk to, very knowlegable in explaining to me what had to be done and why it had to be done. He really took time to explain to me what they would do and answered all my questions.

His shop looked very professional. I didn't even notice that he had an oven at the back. When I got there, he showed me a civic his crew was working on and gave me a run down on what they did to that car. As for other cars, his crew was working on a BMW, Jag and a couple of oldies... all looking sharp mind you! Then i saw a body of what I could only assume was a body of a cobra or an austin martin, it was under a thin film of plastic so I didn't really get to see what it was. But very very interesting in my part.

As to what materials he uses, he told me he uses dupont for his paint, and clear coat... I would believe him 100% since dupont philippines office is right next door to his place. After looking at the brochure he gave me Filcarrozzeria is like an official body repair training center for dupont philippines and actually ventured into full time automobile repair. So I guess that removes any doubt that they will use sub standard paint.

Anyway, I asked jing as to how much it would cost to get my civic replaced and he quoted me 32k for the whole thing including dents and alignment or panels. He was also happy to help me look for a truck lid cover ( mine was misalligned and he said to better just replace it. does anybody wanna buy an old truck lid or sell me one?) So what do you think guys? 32k for the whole car to look like new? Dupont everything from top to bottom. Is it worthit? or should i try to look for other paint shops out there? Some advice please.

Filcarrozzeria
    tel: 916-0578; 916-0580
    jing's cel: 09186102994

my advice is to look around first... who know's you'll get a better deal...
    important also is to look at their workmanship and the cleanliness of the shop... i ment hindi maalikabok ang lugar...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if workmanship is your concern... many tsikoteers can testify that they are one of the best body repair shops in the industry.

32K? hhmm... why don't you give THE WET LOOK a visit. they still have their promo (24,900) till end september.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lalo pala napalayo sila jing, malamang di na ko makapunta.

madox: do you have an exact address?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ey, guys. well as to what i've read in the posts a lot say dupont is the best paint to get coz it bends and i guess is more flexible. Also Jing quoted me the repairs and repaint coz I feel my car has lots of deep scratches and a few bumps as well. Anyway i'll certainly look around also, I mean if I only get my car repainted this one time and it'll last a good 10 years without chipping, adding 7k to the price might not be so bad.

As to the location of the new shop. I forgot the brochure at the office, I'll post it once I get it. But I can give directions like the directions Jing gave me.

Im from San Juan so this is the path I took.

- Unimart take Ortigas going East bound
    - Take a left at Meralco and head North
    - Take a left at E. Rod Sr. (C5) - this is heading towards Eastwood.
    - Take a right at Industria St. ( Its the Street after ShopWise, before Honda Pasig, and across a Shell station )
    - Keep on this road, the road will just keep going and will make a Left (then over a bridge) and will swerve right.
    - You'll see a Caltex Station and a Jollibee on your left. By now you would have reached a T stop. (it's not an intersection, its either you turn left or right)
    - Turn right!
    - Keep going and you'll cross another bridge and on your right you'll see the MMDA floodgates or something like that, that what they were as per Jing.
    - Keep going and you'll see some warehouses and factories (don't think you've missed the place )
    - After about 1km you'll see ANOTHER Caltex station. and before the Caltex is a small road. Make a right there.
    - You think you've entered a private compound (IT IS!), but the guards won't check you or get your id or anything like that.
    - Keep going for about 200 meters and you see Filcars on your LEFT, this is a guarded gate
    - when you enter the gate the guard will ask where you are going and get your id.
    - You have arrived!
    - on your left you'll see dupont philippines and after that is Filcarzzora.

hope this helps ILuvdetailing

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    my advice is to look around first... who know's you'll get a better deal...
    important also is to look at their workmanship and the cleanliness of the shop... i ment hindi maalikabok ang lugar...
    Yup I agree. And by the looks of it, Malinis talaga dito coz of 2 things. The shop is isolated in a semi remote area of Pasis. and 2nd there are no heavy traffic within the area, so it was pretty dust free.

I've seen some places where there are heavy traffic and they still paint cars there ie. Ziebart UN.

I wonder if thewetlook is like this? Can anyone tell me?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup medyo malayo ngayon si Jing, but Jing say's that it's a temporary set-up and naghahanap-hanap yata ng mas malapit, somewhere in the vicinity of Araneta Ave. yata.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Araneta Ave. I think is a better choice. Did he mean na dupont paint is the best protection against rain and pollution? Better than anzahl? Sorry for my naive question. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    it depends kung saan ka nakatira.. I am from that area so oks na oks sa akin ang paglipat ni Zinggoy's. maraming subdivisions sa pasig/cainta area so I think ok rin ang market nya dun

try mo rin Wetlook.. ok at malinis ang place...A1 din ang service at quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Zinggoy's has moved and is now with Filcarrozzeria in Pasig