New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sino dito ang merong flooded vehicle na pinaayos?
    How was it?
    Are you still using it?
    What problems did you encounter so far pagkatapos mapaayos?

How about dun sa mga nakabili ng flooded vehicle?

Kindly share your experience.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yes and No

Yes I'm still using the 96 pajero. so far it's still ok except for slight glitches with the driver side power window and i'm still trying to find parts for its wipers. It has no AOG so we've spent more than 90K on the repairs.
    No Our 05 Altis was too badly damaged from the flood, it was declared total loss by the insurance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I towed around 7 vehicles during and after Ondoy. One is still in the repair shop. One is already in use and only has an SRS warning light issue (otherwise everything works great). The Jazz started up just after leaving it out to dry. Despite water to the windows. One was already sold and replaced (luma na din kasi but it was fully functional after Ondoy). The Civic needed a new clutch and that was it. Back on the road also. Another Honda needed fuel tank cleaning but is otherwise running around now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes...

my altis just suffered a broken car alarm system that i replaced with a cheap aftermarket one. and a twice of interior detailing and fluid changes.

actually, nagamit ko na agad siya when the flood subside 2 days after ng ondoy... without interior detailing(ang baho) and oil change(wala naman tubig, kasi drinain ko na muna then balik nung ok pa, di pa makabili ng bago)...kase emergency, walang tubig(pinang igib ko, awkward), and para makabili ng necessities.

we were one of the lucky people na inabot ang garahe pero di lumubog ang sasakyan ng tuluyan.

but then, everything is functional aside sa mga dating sira na talaga.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ako, ung 02 GLS ko hanggang ngayon sira pa rin.. pinalitan ng 2nd hand na box.. na ngayon nag-iinit pag in-on mo makina.. kaya ginawa remedyo e nirekta nalang.. so ung alarm ala di na nagffunction at kung anu-ano pa nglabasan na sira.. basta ngayon nasa garahe nalang.. di na magamit..

pinagawa ko to na sa talyer ng kaibigan ng asawa ko, hoping na makamura pero in the end hindi rin pala.. dahil mapipilitan talga ipagawa sa casa at kumuha ng brand new na box..

kung may mga nakakaalam kung saan talaga ako makakamura at talagang matino gumawa ng auto.. patulong naman.. salamat!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by irodulfo View Post
    ako, ung 02 GLS ko hanggang ngayon sira pa rin.. pinalitan ng 2nd hand na box.. na ngayon nag-iinit pag in-on mo makina.. kaya ginawa remedyo e nirekta nalang.. so ung alarm ala di na nagffunction at kung anu-ano pa nglabasan na sira.. basta ngayon nasa garahe nalang.. di na magamit..

pinagawa ko to na sa talyer ng kaibigan ng asawa ko, hoping na makamura pero in the end hindi rin pala.. dahil mapipilitan talga ipagawa sa casa at kumuha ng brand new na box..

kung may mga nakakaalam kung saan talaga ako makakamura at talagang matino gumawa ng auto.. patulong naman.. salamat!
    e kung brand new ecu is the only way to go, bakit di ka pa nga bumili ng bago? tatagal naman sayo yun

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I towed around 7 vehicles during and after Ondoy. One is still in the repair shop. One is already in use and only has an SRS warning light issue (otherwise everything works great). The Jazz started up just after leaving it out to dry. Despite water to the windows. One was already sold and replaced (luma na din kasi but it was fully functional after Ondoy). The Civic needed a new clutch and that was it. Back on the road also. Another Honda needed fuel tank cleaning but is otherwise running around now.
    OTEP,
    That's good to know. How badly was the Jazz flooded? Some people I know had to have their electric power steering motors and ECUs replaced. Did you have a similar problem?

AFAIK the Jazz ECU is mounted just behind the glovebox area, right by the high side of the right fender.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa akin diesel terrano. engine-wise, walang problema. pasado pa rin sa emissions test without need for recalibration. only existing issues are:

1. stucked-up/broken automatic front hubs (may kasalanan din ako dito kasi nalagay ko sa 4wd sa concrete)

2. hindi na save ang radio. front speakers not working.

3. magaspang tunog ng alternator though this has already been regreased.

4. rattling noise somewhere sa loob ng dash (di ko pa nacheck ng todo)

5. noisy rear wiper motor.

6. medyo may traces pa ng putik kasi ako lang naglinis ng interior hehe.

overall nagastos ko mga 34k (18k sa aircon lang) para magamit na siya normally. i'm still happy na generally problem free siya so far. pero plan ko pa rin magpa general rewire and detailing para mas ok.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Yes. Still using my 2008 Ford Focus Trend. Though di pa rin gumagana yung alarm at keyless entry (back-job sa casa) na ewan ko kung balak pa nila gawin. Wala daw silang piyesa mag 5 months na sila walang piyesa! Balak ko na nga lang palitan ng after market na alarm at actuators e kahit ako na gumastos.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    OTEP,
    That's good to know. How badly was the Jazz flooded? Some people I know had to have their electric power steering motors and ECUs replaced. Did you have a similar problem?

AFAIK the Jazz ECU is mounted just behind the glovebox area, right by the high side of the right fender.
    It was parked in the San Beda campus. Reports say water reached below the window line so I guess that's why the radio was spared (its mounted above the window line).

Towed it back to Sampaloc where they dried it out. AFAIK, vehicle drove under its own power back to Nueva Ecija a few days later.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.