New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Good day tsikoteers!

Recently had my 03 Xtrail 250x diagnosed from Nissan Westgate Alabang. The problem was whenever I start the vehicle it does not idle properly and the engine looses gas and dies. Also I have also noticed a considerable loss in power in acceleration.

Nissan Westgate told me that the problem was the idling throttle and it would cost me around 36k to change the part.

Computer Diagnostic result: IDLE AIR VOL LEARN INCOMPLETE
    ENG SPEED 450RPM

If anybody can direct me to a reputable but cheaper motor shop for nissan parts I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Marlon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^speedyfix.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    try cleaning the throttle body first

it may help it

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Good day tsikoteers!

Recently had my 03 Xtrail 250x diagnosed from Nissan Westgate Alabang. The problem was whenever I start the vehicle it does not idle properly and the engine looses gas and dies. Also I have also noticed a considerable loss in power in acceleration.

Nissan Westgate told me that the problem was the idling throttle and it would cost me around 36k to change the part.

ENG SPEED 450RPM

If anybody can direct me to a reputable but cheaper motor shop for nissan parts I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Marlon
    electric throttle ba yung nasa xtrail mo? kung oo, kailangang i re-learn yung IACV and throttle pedal release position. may manual re-learn yan try mo search sa web. nasubukan ko na mag re-learn ng electric throttle sa 3 nissan altima 1 lang ang successful.

kung hindi naman electric throttle yung nakakabit a xtrail mo? linisin mo yung throttle body and IAC. linisin mo na rin yung MAF sensor, yan yung kadalasan na cause ng lose power, maruming MAF sensor.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Good day tsikoteers!

ENG SPEED 450RPM

Marlon
    electric throttle ba yung nasa xtrail mo? kung oo, kailangang i re-learn yung IACV and throttle pedal release position. may manual re-learn yan try mo search sa web. nasubukan ko na mag re-learn ng electric throttle sa 3 nissan altima 1 lang ang successful.

kung hindi naman electric throttle yung nakakabit a xtrail mo? linisin mo yung throttle body and IAC. linisin mo na rin yung MAF sensor, yan yung kadalasan na cause ng lose power, maruming MAF sensor.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Before you replace anything. Try cleaning the MAF and throttle body muna. Thats the same thing that happened to me. They told me to replace it. I told them to clean it first. My idling is back to normal now after the cleaning. No more hard starting in the morning.

Yung TOPE lang ang hindi pa nila na kuha. We tried everything but TOPE parin.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    swing by. we should be able to adjust the idle using the computer assuming hindi madumi yung tb. if it is we can clean it and recalibrate the tb after.

Xtrail 03 Idling Throttle Problem