New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hi guys,

The rubber strips around my windshields (front and rear) are a bit worn already. Is there a way to have this rubber replaced without taking off the the windshields?
    Where's a good shop doing this job near cavite?
    Thanks! ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I may be wrong but I don't think you can replace the rubber strips without taking the windshield off. Napaisip 2loy ako kung pano nga ba kabit nung windshield. Hmmmmm....
    I'm sure if you find a shop naman they have the tools to work on your windshield

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    cguro yung mga aguila glass. marami branches yon. ang problem dyan e baka magka leaks after dahil d mganda ang kabit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per my experience on windshield and weatherstrip replacements, yung mga windwhield stores kaya magpalit nyan. They have locally made rubbers or Taiwan made too. It is best to acquire the OE rubber strip from your suking auto parts shop then have the windshield store install them for you. A couple of years back they charged me P800- for the replacing worn rubbers. And they will have you sign a waiver first that if your windshield cracks during the replacing of rubber, they have no obligation or whatsoever.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to take the windshield off to replace the gaskets. Most new car windhields are also GLUED on to your vehicle (hence the black paint around the glass edges.

Make sure the glass shop you go to has the proper adhesive, the proper equipment and the proper know-how to go about the job.

A windshield is now part of a vehicle's integral structure. Improper instillation may compromise your safety in a crash. The windshield is also used to guide the passenger side airbag towards the seated passenger. So make sure they put the winshield on real good.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

worn out rubber strips for my windshields..