New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I've seen a lot of wipers in the market and a lot of people are opting for the bracketless wipers. It looks good and all but then does it really do the job.
    A lot of my friends (Honda Owners) used these wipers but then shifted to conventional wipers because of the same reason: "Pare, magandang tignan pero dahil wala syang bracket at pag malakas na yung ulan, di sya ganun kaganda. Walang syang pabigat sa wiper causing the it not to wipe a lot of water off your windshield."
    Another thing would be the battle of silicon and rubber wipers. Some say rubber lasts longer and some say silicon does it longer and better.
    So if in case you would need to replace your wiper, what would you use?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    I've seen a lot of wipers in the market and a lot of people are opting for the bracketless wipers. It looks good and all but then does it really do the job.
    A lot of my friends (Honda Owners) used these wipers but then shifted to conventional wipers because of the same reason: "Pare, magandang tignan pero dahil wala syang bracket at pag malakas na yung ulan, di sya ganun kaganda. Walang syang pabigat sa wiper causing the it not to wipe a lot of water off your windshield."
    Another thing would be the battle of silicon and rubber wipers. Some say rubber lasts longer and some say silicon does it longer and better.
    So if in case you would need to replace your wiper, what would you use?
    i would still go for the conventional. i really do not want to experiment and go outside of the stock look eh.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Conventional lang ako all the way.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    AFAIK, the bracketless wipers was introduced by Mercedes. It may be that it is designed for their cars only?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Conventional wipers for me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if your car's wiper mechanism wasn't designed to handle bracketless wipers... then just go for the conventional ones.

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Tucson 4x2 CRDi 2.0 A/T
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 4th, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Well, if your car's wiper mechanism wasn't designed to handle bracketless wipers... then just go for the conventional ones.
    Thanks for the tip. How bout choosing from rubber and silicon? Which is better? di ko pa nasusubukan yung silicon e.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bili ka na lang ng bosch wipers mura lang naman isang set di aabot ng P500 petot sa ace. Dali lang iassemble.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bracketless ako ngayon paired with a "wiper wing" yung kinakabit sa wiper arm for it to have some downforce. hehehehehe

ok naman so far

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hahnvin View Post
    bracketless ako ngayon paired with a "wiper wing" yung kinakabit sa wiper arm for it to have some downforce. hehehehehe

ok naman so far
    parang naka usling bakal? yun ba yun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wipers : Conventional or Bracketless?