New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Sir bbt - also check if medyo matigas na ang wiper edges mo, this is the usual indicator that you gotta replace it.

For the water tank naman, ang windsheild washer fluid from Wurth ang gamit ko and so far I've stuck with it since no nonsense cleaning talaga: No streaks, blurs or squeaky sounds.

It is available as a concentrate that will last you a long time. I used to use Joy and the like before but I noticed na parang mas madaling mag brittle ang rubber since its a liquid detergent.
    ok thanks, will do magkano bili nyo sa fluid, and saan ba available?

OT: wag niyo naman ako tawaging sir, bata pa lang po ako! hehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Wax your windshield...it helps!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    ok thanks, will do magkano bili nyo sa fluid, and saan ba available?

OT: wag niyo naman ako tawaging sir, bata pa lang po ako! hehe
    My brother was able to buy daw sa True Value and Concorde. P250+. Orange ang liquid nito that you can see through the packaging.

By the way, I also manually remove the dirt and watermarks off my glass by using a cocktail of cheap rubbing compound (RM brand in a can that is white in color) and some kerosene. Your glass will look like new! .

OT: O sige na nga, iho, hahaha!

+1 windshield washer fluid, talagang linis ang windshield... kung long distance driving at naubos na ang tubig sa reservoir use liquid dish washing soap, wag shampoo, for alternative.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Wax your windshield...it helps!
    what kind of wax do you use? and how do you apply it? thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    pasakay na lang...how can i clean the wiper water reservoir? d ba sya katulad ng radiator na may drain plug??cheers!!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    buti na lng nabanggit nio yung sa labas ng Ace hardware...rip off ba tlaga? balak ko ngang i-try sana eh...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wranglerboy View Post
    buti na lng nabanggit nio yung sa labas ng Ace hardware...rip off ba tlaga? balak ko ngang i-try sana eh...
    Well, Ive never actually tried it. pero Ive used the P50 refills and the >P100 refills and the difference is negligible. The one that made the difference for me was really the Bosch wipers that made the refills fit in easily.

One TV sales company used to sell the P600 wipers with "Lifetime warranty"... Kaso these so called "lifetime warranties" can often have small print indications which will invalidate your warranty by the time it is broken. That same company, for instance, no longer exists now - kaya sinong magpapalit ngayon kapag sira na?

I consider the overpriced refills rip-offs because you can purchase so many of the cheaper refills with one of their products, and the base of their wiper refill is also plastic, just like the cheaper ones. The plastic base/stiffener is usually the part which gets damaged first, necessitating a new replacement, irregardless of the rubber's condition. So kahit na sabihin nilang 100% silicon man yung rubber, or some sort of super rubber formula ang gamit, it is the plastic stiffener at the back na bibigay rin after 1 year of use.

The best refill Ive seen is the one I am currently using. The the "Clearvue" refill na walang plastic stiffener. It has grooves on its side so that you can install the metal stiffeners of your OEM wipers, kaya after installing parang OEM talaga siya! Costs only P39 sa Ace Hardware. Sa Banawe, they price was jacked up to about P100 also. I havent seen yet how long it will last. But I can't complain at P39! Even if I change that every year, Itl take me 10 years to match the cost of 1 piece of replacement OEM wiper.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hmmm.

I've replaced blades, used joy on the windshield and blades, pero may mga streaks pa rin.

hirap tuloy magmaneho ngayong maulan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    joy is for dishes ... hehehehe ...

i tried wurth windshield cleaner ... 250 nga ang price ... liit nung bottle parang half ng test tube bottle ...but it really is clean ... mahal lang pero it doesn't damage wipers i think meron pa ako konti niyan to sell hehehehhe

usually try using nwb wipers mahal siya pero at least last for 2- 4 years ...

meron na rin nwb refills around 100 + din ...

meron din mga cheap brands but doesn't last that long

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
windshield wiper maintenance