New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi guys,

i'm thinking of getting HID for my car but i can't decide whether to get from xenon bulbs or from prizm. i mean i've never seen them lit side by side so i can't really tell which one looks better. also, are angel eyes worth it? do they even improve driving conditions or is just porma lang?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Eto lang masasabi ko dyan. Wag mo ng dagdagan yung mga naka-HID sa daan kawawa naman mata naming nakakasalubong nyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HIDs are ok as long as tama ang pagkakagawa and proper aiming is done. I'm not really for a specific brand but look for a shop that can offer the longest warranty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    HIDs are ok as long as tama ang pagkakagawa and proper aiming is done. I'm not really for a specific brand but look for a shop that can offer the longest warranty.
    +1

and also, go for kelvin ratings not higher than 6000k. unless you want your lights useless in the rain that is. either 1 should be a good choice. i heard the xenon-bulbs offers the philips HID kit which is a very good brand.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What car make and model?If you want quality HID bulb go with philips or sylvanna.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just make sure you use it with proper equipment. It requires a projector housing. A lot of IDIOTS just replace their bulbs with HID without fitting projectors blinding everyone on the road.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Both are good bands and you cant' go wrong with either! pero ako mas gusto ko xenon kesa prizm kasi ung 3000kelvin na hid ng prizm parang may pag ka green eh ung sa xenon dilaw na dilaw talaga at mas maliwanag ung sa xenon!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how much would both cost po? and how will you know it's the original. baka kasi may peke rin...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It would be hard to produce fake HID's considering the materials used. But if we're talking about super white halogen bulbs being sold at 6000 per pair sa customer na inuuto na HID yan, eh pwede mo ring maconsider na japeyks un.

Pero average price of bnew "legit" HID's would be 12-18K as per check nung naghanap ako along Evangelista, di ko lang alam sa Banawe and other areas.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; October 3rd, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    unless you're going to use projectors to house your HIDs, please do us all a favor and DON'T get HIDs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
xenon bulbs or prizm