New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi im new here, i have a nissan sentra supersaloon 95' model a/t pag naka neutral or park okey ang exhuast but driving at speel below 30kph emits a white smoke and again pag nuetral or park wla ang smoke...do u guys know the problem? oks naman ang takbo no probs...would llike to know the problem before i bring the car to service...tnxs alot. milleage is over 100thou km

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pagkagwapo View Post
    Hi im new here, i have a nissan sentra supersaloon 95' model a/t pag naka neutral or park okey ang exhuast but driving at speel below 30kph emits a white smoke and again pag nuetral or park wla ang smoke...do u guys know the problem? oks naman ang takbo no probs...would llike to know the problem before i bring the car to service...tnxs alot. milleage is over 100thou km
    when was the last time you had your change oil and tune-up?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    last change oil sep.07' last tune-up january 07'

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pagkagwapo View Post
    last change oil sep.07' last tune-up january 07'
    ok. yung last tune-up was a long time ago. that can be also a culprit.
    another reason is that probably, you have been going through floods the past few days. may water sa loob ng exhaust system.

afaik, white smoke is water, black smoke is oil.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    tnxs a lot man! your a life saver. God Bless

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    most probably it needs tune up nga, or check mo yung end ng exhaust pipe kung maitim or may langis,baka kumakain na kasi ng langis pero wag naman sana sakit sa ulo yun

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir pwede makisakay sa thread? pano kung sa morning starts may parang tubig na lumalabas sa tambucho? normal ba to sa gas vehicle? sabi ng dad ko normal to e parang di ako naniniwala

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    that's normal washburn. it will burn off as the vehicle heats up. you'll notice that there's smoke too. however, if the water keeps coming out the whole day and the smoke never stops, that's a different story.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ok. yung last tune-up was a long time ago. that can be also a culprit.
    another reason is that probably, you have been going through floods the past few days. may water sa loob ng exhaust system.

afaik, white smoke is water, black smoke is oil.
    Yes, white smoke in your exhaust is an indication of water and if it does not go away after a few minutes could mean engine trouble. If it's just moisture due to flooded roads, then the steam in the exhaust should stop. If the white smoke persists, it could mean water mixing with oil/fuel in your pistons. You may need an overhaul. Check the water in the radiator for oil or if you always need to top up the engine oil. Oil in the radiator means there might be a leak in the cylinder head. Engine oil that gets used up quickly can mean loose compression. I suggest your bring your car to a mechanic or shop so they can look at it.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    try revving the engine at a standstill and see if there is smoke. it's easier than travelling at 30kph and looking at the back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
white smoke