New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Hi guys!

It was Wednesday last week when I first heard a kalampag and a whistling sound under the hood of my car. I asked some friends about it, and they said it was probably due to a fanbelt tear or a loosened aircon screw.

I had my car checked at Dallas Service Center yesterday morning... and indeed, it was a fanbelt problem. However, this morning, though there is no kalampag anymore, I heard the whistling sound again.

Guys, what could be the problem? I'm getting so worried. :worried:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm...backjob po iyan. Try bringing it back to the repair shop for additional adjustment.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka worn out na ang fanbelt and hindi na makuha sa adjustment. Php 75.00++ lang naman ang fanbelt sa auto supply. At least that's what Pajero fanbelts cost nowadays.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    roydok: It could be the case, kaya lang parang ayaw ko na ibalik dun sa same service center. They lost their credibility to me na dahil they didn't do their job well the first time. *sigh*

OTEP: They replaced the fanbelt nga, pero grabe, ang charge sakin sa fanbelt alone is P500 (+ labor of P350). Sabi pa naman sakin nung nag-refer dun sa shop na yon eh they're the cheapest in QC at matino ang mga mekaniko... tsk, tsk, tsk! Alam mo inabot ako ng P2,900 (inclusive of freon, cleaning evaporator, and aircon vacuum service) and I really felt bad kase alam ko na they took advantage of me (one, I'm a girl; and two, it's obvious that I don't know much about car troubleshooting). Can you recommend a service center somewhere in QC na honest ang mga mekaniko at cheap ang rates? If possible sana yung tried and tested mo na kase I can't afford to shell-out an amount like that the next time I encounter the same problem. Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ma'am ingrid. Maybe you should post the name of the shop para maiwasan namin.

Kwnento lang: I burned a fanbelt sa may bundok sa Batangas. Bumaba ako sa bayan to buy a belt. I think nasa Php 100.00++ yung belt. Umakyat ulit ako sa bundok (ito yung malapit sa road papuntang Punta Fuego). I had a mechanic (yung nag-aayos ng construction equipment dun) install it. Php 100.00 lang ang siningil sakin. Anak ng teteng nahiya tuloy ako kaya binigyan ko na ng tip. And to think he even rode in his own motorcycle to get to my vehicle. Nahihiya kasi sumakay sa Frontier ng pinsan ko. Ok naman gumawa. Sometimes talaga you find good service in the most unlikely places.

Kung a/c services lang po I usually go to Mang Mario sa may Bago Bantay. He put in a surplus compressor in my Pajero for Php 3,800.00 lang. That includes everything (parts, materials, labor). I don't think I can find a better deal than that. Yung cleaning is wala pa atang Php 1,000.00. Sabi nung iba Php 650.00 lang pero I don't know since hindi ako nagpapalinis. Pero don't expect a customer lounge or anything in his shop. I was sitting beside his pet rooster the last time I was there. He works from his house kasi.

For general services. www.pbase.com/chieffy is the best place I can recommend. Si cousin Ferdie (he's everybody's cousin dito sa Tsikot) also does mechanical works. Also works from his house in Manila kaya hindi mataas ang singil. Si GlennSter may shop din sa Kamias with a fulltime mechanic.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,

hanep binabayaran ka ata ni chieffy para sa plugging ah hahaha :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    OTEP,

Na-mention ko na po sa taas yung name ng shop pero uulitin ko para todo publicity, hehe. Dallas Service Center in Tomas Morato, QC.

Sobrang okay naman yung mekaniko na nachempuhan mo... at kung tutuusin not bad na yung cost ng fanbelt (compared to P75 kung dito mo bibilhin sa Manila). Hay, lalo tuloy ako nade-depress tungkol sa nangyari sakin nung weekend.

San yung shop ni Mang Mario sa Bago Bantay? Just in case magkaron ng problem yung aircon ko sa kanya ko patitignan. Kelan nya nilagay yung surplus na compressor sa Pajero mo? Okay ba ang performance hanggang ngayon?

San sa Manila yung house ni Ferdie? Pwede bang walk-in sa kanya or dapat tatawag muna? Pahingi na din po ng address and contact number ni GlennSter kung meron po kayo.

Salamat ng marami, OTEP.

Whistling Sound