New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I hear whistling/scratching noise when the car is moving.
    Nawawala when I step on the brakes or the car is not moving.

Also I notice minsan naiipit yung brakes. When I'm hanging on an incline I don't roll even though the handbrake is not engaged. I have to step fully on the brakes to fix this.

Malakas naman ang brakes and puno lalagyan ng brake fluid.

Car is an ES civic.
    Help naman mga peeps.

Might be the wheel bearings, or brakes baka madumi na.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Baka Breaks nga... Ganun din sa akin... Huhuhu.... I also check yung mags kung mainit para malaman kung which brake yung madumi or dumidikit.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I brought to a mechanic. They cleaned the brakemaster, changed and bleeded the brake fluid. I haven't heard the noise again (intermittent problem) but the brakes still seem stuck up.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you need to rebuild the calipers. Most mechanics can do that. Just buy a caliper rebuild kit (basically a box full of bushings).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The brake wear indicator, small metal thingie that sticks out when the pads reaches a certain thickness, in the brake pads is telling you it's time to change your pads. It sticks out hitting the disk rotor while driving, that's why you hear a scratching sound. The sound disappears when you step on the brakes because the whole of the pad is in contact with the disk. HTH.
    Last edited by afrasay; March 12th, 2005 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    The brake wear indicator, small metal thingie that sticks out when the pads reaches a certain thickness, in the brake pads is telling you it's time to change your pads. It sticks out hitting the disk rotor while driving, that's why you hear a scratching sound. The sound disappears when you step on the brakes because the whole of the pad is in contact with the disk. HTH.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. Would that be the case for drums? or Disc brakes only?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    afaik, disk brakes.

saw our mechanic changed the pads on a camry. nawala yung scratching sound when breaking.

whistle/scratch sound when moving