New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi,

Baka may alam kayo kung saan maganda bumili ng Hood Insulator. Thanks.

Br,
    SC

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    4got wer i got mine, marami yan sa banawe im sure, front cover nya was a taiwanese girl posing in front of a white mazda 323. this was a stick on type under the hood n u have to cut it to fit ur hood, cost me sumwer around 800 i think.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guys ano magandang brand?

kasi may nagsabi sa akin parang baliwala lang din sya...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep didnt notice any difference hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    SEATMATE here in mandaluyong installs the one with that has a silver colored front and a white cushion backing for less than 500 pesoses its about an inch thick

they use rugby to install it and cut/trim it out so it fits perfectly the most heated areas and they make allowances for the hoses for the windshiled washers...

its budget friendly hood insulator
    had mine installed 6 months ago and no cracks or peels
    protected ka pa against paint cracking on hood

when it rains no more vapors rising from the hood and you can see the beading is even on the protected portion

make sure you point out where they have to cut out the insulation so you can see the sticker for the gap/timing etc. guide for your PMS...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rlp1099
    SEATMATE here in mandaluyong installs the one with that has a silver colored front and a white cushion backing for less than 500 pesoses its about an inch thick

they use rugby to install it and cut/trim it out so it fits perfectly the most heated areas and they make allowances for the hoses for the windshiled washers...

its budget friendly hood insulator
    had mine installed 6 months ago and no cracks or peels
    protected ka pa against paint cracking on hood

when it rains no more vapors rising from the hood and you can see the beading is even on the protected portion

make sure you point out where they have to cut out the insulation so you can see the sticker for the gap/timing etc. guide for your PMS...
    Hi rlp1099,

Questions:

1. SEATMATE here in mandaluyong - can I have the exact address?
    2. SEATMATE will also do the installation for you?
    3. the one with that has a silver colored front and a white cushion backing - meaning kapag ininstalled mo sya the silver colored is facing the engine?
    4. what PMS?

Thanks and Br,
    SC

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can also do it DIY by buying good insulation from your friendly hardware and stick it yourself. That's what most of my friends did.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    but where can i buy one with a very good quality?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    For DIY, look for variants na totoong aluminum para it won't burn. Meron na double insulated (both sides merong aluminum) and single sided (I suggest kunin mo na yung double ... price difference is not that big). Meron ding mga makakapal and meron ding manipis ... kung kaya makapal maganda pero make sure you check first kung kasya. Rugby lang ginamit ko sa akin and it's holding naman ... 1 sq. m. lang binili ko, sobra pa.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    P400 kasama kabit... JOMAKA visayas ave. opposite side ng tandang sora palengke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Where can I buy Hood Insulator?