New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Same here, my car hardstarts if i crank it right away sa unang start of the day. If I leave it on "on" for a couple of secs, it starts easier.

baligtad naman sa galant ko.pag pinatapos ko ang mga beeping sounds,...hirap siya mag start.pagka on dapat start ko agad...

baket kaya ganun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe akin din di ko alam kung baket ganun, tinanong ko sa casa wala naman binigay na sagot.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Me, I wait for orange light to turn off,kase its checking daw or diagnostic check sa car mo to make sure na everythings well before mo iharurot yung car....hehehehehe...2 to 3 sec lang naman....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    basta ako, the following procedures work:

a) Put in the key
    b) Take a deep breath three times.
    c) Close eyes for around 5 seconds.
    d) Turn on the ignition.

wala namang adverse effects sa oto ko. although after i do step d, medyo inaantok and relaxed na relaxed ako....
    maganda suggestion ni gilmore

my car kasi carb sakin push ko gas pedal once full mga 1 or .5 sec (kasi nasa manual ko)

hindi dapat eh force mo ng 10-15 seconds pra pag start lng sa car mo kasi mag overheat at masira ang ignition coil . (nasa manual din)

just sit back and relax. tapos broom broom broom kana.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sa diesel kong sasakyan, specified sa manual na hintay ko raw muna mamatay yong isang particular na ilaw sa instrument panel bago ko start...so yon ang ginagawa ko.

sa gas ko naman na tsikot, wala naman sinabi sa manual pero habit ko ay wait around 2 secs or until mamatay yong mga instrument lights saka ko start. never had problems yet for the past few years..so i must be doing something right...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i usually start my car in the morning with the ignition key only w/o pressing the gas pedal. then wait for my temp to go up 1/4 (approx. 2 min) then ready to go

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    here's mine:

1. press gas pedal to the floor once
    2. put in the key
    3. turn ignition key to on
    4. pause for 5 to 8 secs (praying - "Lord sana magstart, guide me along the way at wag po sana tumirik :angel: )
    5. press gas pedal ng konti then switch to start... broooommmm

here's a useful link that you read re: proper way to start your car
    http://www.securitydriver.com/aic/st...rticle-26.html

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hintay ko mawala yung CEL...sa isa naman yung ilaw ng airbag...di na ako umaapak sa gas pedal...nasa brake pedal naman kasi paa ko kapag AT ang tsikot...

noong gamit ko eh carb konting apak muna sa gas pedal bago ko pihitin susi...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    graphire: good read .. pasting parts which i found informative ..
    ----
    Fuel-injected cars are computer controlled, so you shouldn't touch the gas pedal at all. "In fact," says Mike Michels of the Toyota Motor Company of America, "hitting the gas only confuses the computer."

Finally, turn the key. Don't press or pump the gas pedal while turning the key in a fuel- injected car. In a carbureted car, press the accelerator down to one-quarter to one half of the way. Release the gas immediately when the car starts.
    ----
    If the engine should flood press the accelerator down all the way to the floor and hold it. On a fuel- injected car this sends a message to the computer that the car is flooded, and the computer in turn shuts off all fuel. On a carbureted car, pressing the accelerator all the way to the floor allows more air to pass through the manifold, evaporating the excess gas. Don't pump the accelerator while you crank the engine.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    carb yung sa akin dati..
    ngayon automatic/fuel injected na..
    so.. need to read the manuals.. hehehehe.. baka may specifics on my car..
    what im doing right now is pause for abt 2 to 3 sec as mentioned here.. then brooom!
    (also with the prayers na sana walang mangyaring di kanais-nais while driving and you get home safely).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
whats the right way to start ur car?