New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    this may sound odd.. dumb (?) [wag naman sana, nagtatanong lang po]
    i was used to starting my car with a little delay.. like.. you insert the key, twist it once, then lights, and everything (electrical) goes up, then maybe about 4-6 seconds, i start ignition.. one person told me that this is no good.. di naman daw diesel ang sasakyan so... so anyway.. is this bad? with the pause before ignition? or talagang kelangan na start agad (turning the key to I then II immediately?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in our 323, when you put the key in the start position, it will beep for a few seconds. naturally I don't start the engine until the beeping stops.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in my car... beeping starts kasi it checks all the other thingys in sensors, airbags, stuffs like that, then beeps (lastly) that the seatbelts are not fastened.. i dunno if there's a difference in pausing and just starting it rightaway.. i start ignition when the beeping stops..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehehe ang galing nito.. i sometimes do that para lang macheck ko kung off ba aircon ko and everything bago ko start talaga...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    so is there any 'bad' effect when pausing before ignition?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    in our 323, when you put the key in the start position, it will beep for a few seconds. naturally I don't start the engine until the beeping stops.
    bro bakit yung 323 ko wala na kong beep naririnig. as soon as i position key to II i'll hear hums and lights on indicators sa dash. I dont start it right away... minsan kasi parang hirap mag-crank pag start agad. I dont know advantages of starting right away and delaying it. others.. pls enlighten. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pausing for a few seconds lets the fuel pump pressurize the fuel system. in my experience, not pausing may cause harder starting.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    doesn't make a difference. parang *** yan...either isaksak mo at i-start kaagad, o medyo i-tease mo muna ng konti...ganun pa rin yung outcome :lol:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I don't see any problem with either method unless it is strictly specified in the operating manual. Kasi pag-start naman papatayin halos lahat ng devices sa current draw ng starter.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ako, the following procedures work:

a) Put in the key
    b) Take a deep breath three times.
    c) Close eyes for around 5 seconds.
    d) Turn on the ignition.

wala namang adverse effects sa oto ko. although after i do step d, medyo inaantok and relaxed na relaxed ako....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
whats the right way to start ur car?