New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    update lang po: went to the CarShop of Caltex and the head there told me that measuring the level should be based from a TURNED-OFF engine and he also said the my ATF is still fine and no need to change it yet. I didn't want to offend him by pushing through the change ATF kaya sa ibang shop nalang ako magpapa-change.

help lang po sa what brand you recommend guys, ok lang po yung mura basta pasa sa quality...

locals here even a chief mechanic says it should be while engine is turned off. they say it is normal to be at empty in running engine because the ATF is circulating at that time. but I'm not convinced that measuring should be turned off engine since websites and need4speed's mechanic says it should be while engine is running... even Townace forums says it should be running...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Engine should be running.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may hot and cold level yan sa dipstick. of course pag running ang engine medyo mababa yun reading coz the fluid is circulating in the system. pansinin ninyo yun engine oil ganun din, so as with the power steering system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What's the right way of checking ATF