New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    guys, i'm not familiar with engine swaps and tunings.. pero tinanong ako ng kaibigan ko kanina kung ano kailangan palitan or iupgrade kapag nagpalit siya ng makina.. sasakyan niya is yung 2000 corolla gli na m/t at kulay red rose, palitan daw niya ng 4age na blacktop, ang sabi ko lang ang alam ko na papalitan diyan is yung rear drum brakes to disc brakes.. i have a feeling na madami pang kulang bukod sa brakes, ano pa ba kailangan at san makakakuha? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    guys, i'm not familiar with engine swaps and tunings.. pero tinanong ako ng kaibigan ko kanina kung ano kailangan palitan or iupgrade kapag nagpalit siya ng makina.. sasakyan niya is yung 2000 corolla gli na m/t at kulay red rose, palitan daw niya ng 4age na blacktop, ang sabi ko lang ang alam ko na papalitan diyan is yung rear drum brakes to disc brakes.. i have a feeling na madami pang kulang bukod sa brakes, ano pa ba kailangan at san makakakuha? thanks.
    Well, upgrading the brakes is a good idea when you have a lot more HP in the same car (like from a 4AFE to 4AGE blacktop). Other stuff that would be nice to replace (but not really required) would be an upgraded intake and exhaust system if its still stock (which I doubt).

Making a car go fast is not just about engine power but also handling. The suspension should be upgraded too. Matching springs and dampers should make the car handle curves well.

All the money spent on suspension will not worth anything if you are running on cheap regular tires. Getting a set of better tires that grip well (like ADVAN) will make a big difference in turning a curve and braking.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    brakes definitely
    cooling system should be upgraded as well
    suspension depending on what he wants to do with the car.

what else to needs to be replaced?