New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    uhm i guess the title says it all... curios na interested po ako kng anong gnagawa sa dyno tuning... costs, gains, process, saan nadn ang reputable shops for this? any other options aside from dyno tuning?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    autoplus. :D

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby_bear03
    uhm i guess the title says it all... curios na interested po ako kng anong gnagawa sa dyno tuning... costs, gains, process, saan nadn ang reputable shops for this? any other options aside from dyno tuning?
    It's tuning the engine with the use of a dynamometer to measure the real-world improvement of the power output at the drive wheels.

When you take your car for a tuneup, what the technician is actually doing (given he is doing everything by the book), is setting your car's operating parameters to a specified value, as determined by the engineering team of the company that built the car. 99% of the time, this isn't the ideal settings for maximum power, as the car maker has more pressing concerns to deal with such as, RELIABILITY, EXHAUST EMISSIONS, and DRIVEABILITY.

Anybody who takes their car for a dyno tune is obviously looking for something specific, more likely than anything, MAX POWER.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think its P5000 for a baseline run (no tuning yet). A baseline run is actually three pulls on the dyno the measure the wheel hp of the car.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Ang mahal ha.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8000 up ata kung dyno run with tuning sa autoplus.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mas lalong mahal.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    5000 is tuning na as far as i know. on par with what they charge in other countries.

google is your friend and can tell you a lot about the different dynos and ways they read power (not all dynos are created equal)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby_bear03
    Testing the performance parameters of the car (Hp and torque on diff engine RPMs) with varying conditions such as advanced timing, cam gear positions (for adjustable cam, etc).

That way, you will know the optimum performance of your car and set or tune it on that conditions.

Simply put, It is a trial and error? or real world (WHP) simulations of the car's performance on varying conditions.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    8000 up? hmm mjo mahal nga... pero i think its worth it naman kng tatakbo kotse mo d way it shud be.. i mean kmbaga maximum efficiency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What Is Dyno Tuning?