New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I was crawling under the passenger side dash of my 1992 Mitsubishi Galant MPI when I came across this little black box labeled, Auto Comp Controller. It has two plugs going into it, one of which I noticed was unplugged. If you are looking up into the dash,it's the plug on the right with the four yellow wires coming out of it. The car seems to run fine, I am not sure what the box does, but is that plug supposed to be plugged in? What does this device do?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    up ko nalang po ito, ayaw na magbukas ng isa pang post.

i just had my 96 galant serviced sa isang trusted mechanic.. i have them fixed my headlights (walang dim), the stereo antenna and my power window.. everything was fixed except that on the way home my a/c is not working even if i pressed the ECO button to turn the compressor on..

to make the story short, tinangal nila itong auto comp controller and wired up straight yung connections to make the a/c working again.. sabi nila okay lang na wala yun, pero kung may mabili daw ako na kapalit eh pwedeng pwede naman daw nila ibalik sa original..

now everything is working fine except i'm worried (not that i don't trust them) na baka may hidden effect etong pagkakatanggal netong device na toh..

para saan po ba talaga tong auto comp controller na toh and okay lang ba na wala yun?

thanks po and more power to tsikot.

What is AUTO COMP CONTROLLER ?