New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i recently noticed that my car's carpet was soaked with rain. wala naman akong makitang pwedeng dinaanan ng tubig. the water ws only confined to one portion. di naman ako binaha so sigurado ako di tumagas sa ilalim. ang hunch ko lang ay iyong leak from the air vents.
    may alam ba kayong magaling maghanap ng ganitong problema? pa share naman ng experiences nyo dito. pwede kaya gawin ito ng mga detailing shops?
    thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you sure that's rain?
    baka condensation yan from your evaporator (aircon). one of my friends had a very dirty evaporator, parang nagka-putik yung floor sa passenger side front (since the evaporator is behind the glove box on most sedans). linis lang ng aircon katapat niyan. i would recommend Mang Mario (search nalang dito for directions).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi, I have the same experience with my pickup. There are two possible sources of the water seeping in. One, from your evaporator (aircon) if the flooring becomes wet even when it is not raining and if the passenger side is the first area to get wet. The solution, have it checked with Mang Mario or from other reliable AC shops. The other is when the flooring becomes wet only when the car gets soaked in rain. The most likely culprits in this case are the rubber trims (door and windows) of your car. To address this, you need to inspect trims and seal them with a Silicone sealant or you can have it checked by your favorite detailing shop. You can also have them inspect the flooring under the carpet for holes etc.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    multo2000, what portion of your flooring?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    your windshield rubber may also be worn out...im referring to the lower portion yung halos natatakpan na yung edge ng dash....yun din ang naging prob ko before w our boxtype pajero....try to remove the dash to check...
    door weather strips and sills may also be the culprit

btw whats your ride? and ilan years na sya?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    ako din ganyan napansin ko recently, since madalas nang umulan... sa driver's side lang naman basa....
    so sa mga detailing shops ba dapat dalhin???

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    try to have the carpet removed and apply vulca seal on the rubber seals.

water/rain seeping through flooring..pls. help