New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pwede ba ito diy o maraming kakalasin??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just remove the readiator cap and rev the engine. you can see the water flowing when the engine is at operating temperature already. pag malamig pa engine di mo makikita na nag-flow yung water kasi close pa ang thermostats.

as per replacing the water pump, remove the fan belts then you'll need 10mm wrench to remove the pulley and 12mm wrench to remove the pump. some also have circlips on the shaft but you can remove this with a screw driver and a lot of patience (not to mention dexterity). make sure you clean out all the gaskets from the block before you install the replacement water pump or else it will leak from the gasket.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ginawa ko yan from cold start. after abt 5 minutes, parang gusto mag overflow ng water sa radiator. does this mean ok ang pump ko?

or dapat talaga pag operating temp na sya. pag ganito i have to be extra careful right kasi may steam na lalabas sa rad cap ??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from cold dapat kasi mahirap alisin yun radiator cap pag mainit na baka ma-burn hands mo. can you see the water flowing o yung sabi mo parang gusto mag-overflow e kasi boiling na yung water? normally naman mag-leak muna yung water pump so kung wala naman leak sa pump why worry.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    are you overheating a lot?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002
    ginawa ko yan from cold start. after abt 5 minutes, parang gusto mag overflow ng water sa radiator. does this mean ok ang pump ko?

or dapat talaga pag operating temp na sya. pag ganito i have to be extra careful right kasi may steam na lalabas sa rad cap ??
    let your radiator tubes cleaned first before you test the water circulation.pag barado yan aapaw ang tubig sa radiator pag taasan mo ng engine rev.probably my engine overheating ka kaya mo gusto check ang water pump mo?........

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Side question:

My rig is still running on the OEM water pump. Ok lang ba kung GMB water pump ang gagamitin kong replacement kung isasabay ko sa timing belt service ang water pump replacement?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    gmb is pretty good! no problems in the 3 years we've been using them in the shop.

unless you're more advanced, i'd recommend letting a mechanic remove the pump for you.

Water Pump - how to test if its working??