New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    My ride is a second-hand honda city 98 exi. After a 15-minute rain or carwash, moist can be found under the carpet. If under the rain for more than 20 minutes, the top of the carpet is already wet. The affected portion is under the front passenger seat.

Could there be some body-plugs (?) that were not installed when the previous owner changed the stock paint?

Thank you for your response.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You might want to check the top and side mouldings of your windshield, Specially on the front passenger side. Baka cracked na ang caulking (yung sealant). If there is, top it with silicone sealant. Another possible source of water is the drain(s) on the front passenger door. Siliping mo ilalim ng door panel, merong drain hole(s) yun. Poke it with a bbq stick or wire to make sure hindi barado. Kasi kapg may rain or kapag nagpa car wash ka, dadaan ang tubig between the door and the glass tapos dapat lalabas sa drain holes. Kapag barado, papasok sa loob ng sasakyan ang tubig.

BTW, Most cars have drain plugs underneath the carpet. Usually, 2 in the front and two in the back and another in the trunk. You can check the one underneath the carpet of the front passenger side. baka walang plug.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Found a rusted gutter near the windshield top portion. A small hole from the original body works developed rust. This is where the water leak is passing through.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Here are the attached shots.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ipaayos mo na agad yan baka lalo lang lumala yung rust at sumakit pa lalo ulo mo. mukhang mihirap i-DIY yan kasi kelangan malinis ang gagawing pag-seal para di masira ang porma.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    ipaayos mo na agad yan baka lalo lang lumala yung rust at sumakit pa lalo ulo mo. mukhang mihirap i-DIY yan kasi kelangan malinis ang gagawing pag-seal para di masira ang porma.
    Thanks jim. As a temporary solution, I put a silicone sealant.

Water leak inside