New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hello Tsikoteers!

My wife recently bought herself a 2nd hand Honda City. We noticed this weekend that the carpet is dumped with water and I tried to check the source of the leak to no avail. Suspetsa ko sa trunk nanggagaling kasi yung cover na lawanit ng spare tire eh basa din -- but not sure really.

Do you know any shop in qc who can help? Any tip on how to remove the annoying amag smell caused by the leak?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    there's possibly a leak sa tail lights mo.

you can check this yourself.

take out your stuff from the trunk & remove the flooring.

take a hose an run it over the trunk gutter (yung top edge of the trunk where the water runs). the water should run to your tail lights.

check the tail lights inside the trunk. if you see a leak, that's were the problem is.

DIY lang yan. buy a black RTV silicone sealent (yung pang windshield, hindi yung pang makina). remove the tail light where the leak is. clean the surface from dirt and old sealant. apply the sealant generously over where it should be on the tail light. re install the tail light. test for leaks again

also check the weather strippings of the trunk, rear windshield and rear windows. it could also be a source of leaks.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mahahanap mo yan. Heto na!

1. TRUNK LID RUBBER- baka piga na o di kaya punit na at doon nangagaling ng tulo. How to find out? Buhusan mo nang tubig o kaya hose down ang trunk lid magmula sa rear glass at tingnan mo kung may pumasok na tubig sa loob ng trunk.

2. SPARE TIRE COMPARTMENT- tangalin mo ang spare tire mo baka rusted na at may butas o di kaya yong rubber plug hole sa gitna ng spare tire compartment ay sira na o kaya natanggal.

3. REAR FENDER TRUNK SIDE POCKET (L & R both side)- baka natanggal ang drain hose o kaya yong rubber plug ay natanggal or rusted din.

4. TAIL LIGHTS- like "diamaoh" said check also those tail lights baka doon din galing. Pano mo malalaman? Buhusan o kaya hose down yong tail lights.

5. Dont forget to check sa ilalim ng trunk somehow baka may nabutas o rusted at doon din galing.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    there should be two people performing this task. one will stay inside the vehicle and the other will pour/spray water.

- remove the back seat of the car
    - remove the trims of the trunk
    - close the trunk lid
    - one stays inside to check for leaks
    - the other one will spray/pour water

so far this method has been flawless for me

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Nakatulong sa akin to, w/ Elastoseal water leak in VIOS tire compartment was restored..I trace wheres came from, * tail light..
    Remove my tail light, nilisin at pinatuyo, i apply elasto seal sa GASKET palibot at back to back and binalik...Super tight...Ayos!
    I test w/ super duper na ulan....Satisfied!

Water leak -- how to troubleshoot?