New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    following oteps advice, i called bosch philippines para magtanong ng parts. talked to a guy named mike who was friendly enough to assist me. Yung Lamba sensor ng volvo s40, 12000k pesos lang sa kanila compared to 21k quoted by casa. Also, sinabi nya hindi pa dapat palitan ang sensor dahil 50k palang tinatakbo ng auto. dapat mga 100k pa yun. sabi din nya ang cause nito yung gas natin dito sa philippines, madumi kahit velocity gamit mo.

also asked about the brake pads, its 7500 harap, 4000 likod. pwede pa humingi ng discount.

yung service pala pwede gawin sa bosch service center sa bagtikan st, makati (phone# 8908078)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi, i just read your posts and i hope we can offer some help... we're HABREC ENTERPRSISES / Gruppo TALYER Inc.; we are an independent VOLVO Parts, Accessories & Service Shop, we're located * 138 N.Domingo Ave., Cubao, Q.C. (near p.tuazon ave & horseshoe vill). Contact nos. 724-6640, 410-2997, 0922-8-HABREC.

Maybe you can pass by our shop in the near future and as to help all VOLVO owners...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    hello volvo owners!

I'm a fan of volvo cars (but i don't own one yet!)
    I'm currently saving money to buy a used 2000 to 2002 S60. However, I'm having second thoughts coz of the cost of maintenance.

My friend told me that it's no dought that its a nice car (you get pogi points when you drive it!) but after a long time the maintenance will kill you!

Pls pls give me an honest opinion. I'm not a millionaire so I really do not know the cons of owner a volvo.

tks,
    silvemag

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Locally, HABREC can do service.

However, for run-of-the-mill general vehicle services, any competent mechanic can work on a Volvo. In the U.S., DIY lang ang mga Volvo owners.

www.volvospeed.com is a great online resource for Volvos
    www.ipdusa.com is a nice online Volvo parts store.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    As we all know. If you own a EUROPEAN car, make sure you have mechanical aptitude and a bit of know how and DIY. Also you should know a lot of good mechanics, parts suppliers and owners of identical s40 owners so you can share infos and experiences.

Better join the VOLVO CLUB so you can know the in and outs of your car.

Ako nga, I am currently composing an OPEL club here in tsikot.com so that we can share trade secrets, cheap parts and mechanics that can service our cars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per my cousin's pal (who services European vehicles as a hobby), Mitsubishi parts will usually work on Volvos especially the S40's since it shared a lot with the Mitubishi Charisma (which shared a lot with other run of the mill Mitsus). Underchassis parts mostly have a Mitsu counterpart. Just bring a sample.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is the reason why i sold my 98 s40 kast year for 320,000php. at 36,000 kms. mahal sobra mga parts and labor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahal talaga sa casa, kaya hanap kami parati ng 3rd party alternative. So far, so good pa naman sa 850. Odometer lang ang broken. Madali pala talaga masira yun sabi sa volvospeed.com . Might try out the DIY ways of fixing it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As per www.ipdusa.com 's website (they ship international):
    PBR Deluxe Front brake pads - $31.20 ~Php1,700.00/pr
    PBR Deluxe Rear brake pads - $16.64 ~Php 900.00/pr
    Front brake rotors - $64.00 ~Php 3,500.00/ea
    ***All for the Volvo 850 series.

Shipping won't double the prices of these items based on the quote I got for a set of tires. Parts should arrive within a week of ordering.

Btw, there are more affordable stores than IPD if you are just looking for OEM parts. They have the links at the Volvospeed.com 850 forums.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    this is the reason why i sold my 98 s40 kast year for 320,000php. at 36,000 kms. mahal sobra mga parts and labor.

Same here, sold my 04 S40 for 880,000. Mileage was only 6t. Why, maintenance cost will kill me in the future. Yes, I chickened out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
VOLVO OWNERS: Where to have your car serviced ASIDE from CASA?