New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad-n-law's taking care of his boss' touareg repair. something to do with the transfer box....apparently this was recalled in the states. only since the owner bought it from the gray market, he can't really avail of the recall service....they're not even sure if that's really the problem. they brought it to a shop in pasong tamo who will use a computer for diagnosis & reco of the specific part...they'll be charging 120k daw for this service!& if it's indeed the transfer box, it'll cost 1.2m!man, am i glad i drive a 'cheap' japanese car =D anyways, i told him to wait first coz some gurus over here in tsikot might be able to help them out...suggestions/alternatives, guys? thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Mukhang highway robbery na yung ginagawa nung Pasong Tamo shop na yan ah... I suggest you do some research yourself and look for more information about the problem from other VW fora... Also, try to look for a second opinion from other shops..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf, what year is the Touareg? is it a V6, V8 or V10 TDI?

there is a Technical Service Bulletin out for a transfer case issue. i believe this is what you mean when you say 'transfer box'. unfortunately what VW recommends is that the dealer replace the transfer case under warranty, which does not help you. however, a transfer case, even with a stepper motor replacement, should not cost you P1.2 million!! that's like a third of the price of the whole truck!

dinadaya na kayo niyan bro.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm pretty sure nga,maybe they think they're the only ones who can do it that's why they're charging an arm & a leg...can u reco any specific shop?i'll try to get the details/model of the touareg

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its v8 4.2l (BHX); engine #AXO011532

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2004 MODEL......M54,congrats nga pala on your new ride,hope wala nang bugs :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Wulf,
    try ERL in QC.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf - thanks! sana nga wala na.

anyway, since 2004 yan, i think kasama siya for sure sa TSB.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not just wait for the transfer case to fail kung asymptomatic naman yung sasakyan?

A recall does not instantly mean that the part will fail. It just denotes, that failure of the specified part has been observed to be ocurring at an above average rate.

Malay mo tumagal pa ng 10 years iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Why not just wait for the transfer case to fail kung asymptomatic naman yung sasakyan?

A recall does not instantly mean that the part will fail. It just denotes, that failure of the specified part has been observed to be ocurring at an above average rate.

Malay mo tumagal pa ng 10 years iyan.

it probably already did.they weren't even aware of the recall til they brought it to the shop coz there was something wrong w/ it

Today 04:48 AM
    bm5er Wulf,
    try ERL in QC.....

will google it,sir!napaghahalata mga naka-euro,alam where to go...hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
volkswagen touareg repair?