New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hello peeps,

I know normal to sa diesel pero gas ang paj ko. What could be the problem kaya pag may visible smoke and smell kapag bagong start lang ang car? I let the car idle kasi for 2-3 minutes then i noticed it...

It disappears completely after some time or when umandar nako. Does it have something to do with the engine's temp cause when I stopped for a movie... then I started the car again, wala naman ulit yung smoke and the car hasn't completely cooled off.

Is this worth bringing the car into the casa to asap? The problem with this is that nawawala nga ang smoke and it would be hard to solve problems that intermitently disappears. Or should I wait for the next PMS nalang shich would be months and months pa.

thanks... the car is less than a year old and around 6k kms
    Last edited by bad driver; August 8th, 2005 at 12:21 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    addendum:

started the car again this morning and couldn't see any smoke naman. It happened last night when it was raining a little bit and the temp is cold.

The thing is I think it wasn't white smoke or water vapor..... Hirap naman pag paminsan minsan lang nangyayari. no way of showing the mechanic/casa of what's wrong.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    addendum:

started the car again this morning and couldn't see any smoke naman. It happened last night when it was raining a little bit and the temp is cold.

The thing is I think it wasn't white smoke or water vapor..... Hirap naman pag paminsan minsan lang nangyayari. no way of showing the mechanic/casa of what's wrong.

white smoke and water droplets coming from exhaust pipe is normal especially during first start up at idle condition in the morning.It's because of air moisture and dew point condition of air.Normal lang yan lalo na pag nasa top condition ang engine.It can be noticed only after few minutes in idling rpm.lahat naman ng brand new cars na gasoline engine ganun ang nagyayari.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hello peeps,

I know normal to sa diesel pero gas ang paj ko. What could be the problem kaya pag may visible smoke and smell kapag bagong start lang ang car? I let the car idle kasi for 2-3 minutes then i noticed it...

It disappears completely after some time or when umandar nako. Does it have something to do with the engine's temp cause when I stopped for a movie... then I started the car again, wala naman ulit yung smoke and the car hasn't completely cooled off.

Is this worth bringing the car into the casa to asap? The problem with this is that nawawala nga ang smoke and it would be hard to solve problems that intermitently disappears. Or should I wait for the next PMS nalang shich would be months and months pa.

thanks... the car is less than a year old and around 6k kms

sir,

based on I.C.E.,hindi normal sa diesel engine un white smoke also with gas engine after engine reaches its normal operating temp.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks pero I could swear hindi white smoke yung lumalabas.... tho not sure kasi gabi nayun.... also malakas yung smell na medyo gasoline-like.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks pero I could swear hindi white smoke yung lumalabas.... tho not sure kasi gabi nayun.... also malakas yung smell na medyo gasoline-like.
    sir,
    daan mo nalang sa casa para sure at may peace of mind ka.sila lang ang maka diagnose ng problema via computer......

visible smoke and smell on cold start-GAS