New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga boss/tsikoters need your help... where can i buy a turbo kit for civic lxi 95??? brand new or second hand??? and how much will it cost me??? tnx more power to tsikot.com...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir, first of all, LXi 95? or LX, I think the EK series started 96 and ended y2k. Anyway, You just dont put a turbo kit on a stock engine. IMO, a change engine is more suitable. There lots of honda engines there that can handle a turbo. Cheapest would be a B16 upgrade, if you're running on stock engine (if that is an LXi, it should be a D15b engine). If you have the moolah to burn, get a B16b Type-R or B18c then install a Unichip (w/c may cost at around 10k php if your lucky) then, better change your stock internals. Get a good header, then start shopping for a turbocharger kit. Go to SpeedLab, those people are very good in installing such stuff, you might get a free dyno run too.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tnx boss... i guess i'll take your advice... tnx...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kahit d15 lang. you're currently carburated and mahihirapan ka lang to tune it. get any injected single cam and ok na yan for turboing.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    i have 100k. kasya naba turbo kit, internals, e-management ,tunning para sa SiR ko? 2nd hand parts will do. aim is 250whp

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. 100k is enough, provided you can source many of the parts you need surplus or have them locally fabricated for cheap.

Brand-new engine management is about 30,000 pesos at a good shop, and it'll include installation and dyno-tuning. You can leave that till last (just keep the car on low boost or completely off boost till then) so you can hit two birds with one stone.

Secondhand engine management can be had for a low price, but you'll still have to pay installation and about 4k - 5k an hour for dyno-tuning... puwede rin street-tuning, though, if you know someone.

My friend built his entire kit for between 60-80k (with a secondhand turbine and a secondhand emanage-blue), and he's hitting over 200whp. Could be more, but his clutch starts slipping at high rpms. A brand new turbine should only add about 20-25k to that number (you can get them for 30k+, I think).

Commercial installations start at about 150k pesos, depending on the shop.

As for hitting 250whp... I know the B16 can handle the boost, but if your target is this high, you might want to budget a little more for some accessories... an oil cooler, an upgraded clutch (say goodbye to your clutch past 200 whp), maybe sleeve the block (you may not need it, but it'll give you some extra security).

Actually... I'm betting 100k pesos will net you about 200whp. Any more will cost you more money in terms of tuning, manifold design, and possibly a better or new turbine.

------

RE: D15B on boost... agree with the others... swap out for an EFi engine first. heck... if you're going to do that, you can swap to a B16 instead of going D15+turbo, and get similar gains with less hassle.

One interesting combo... stock B20 (CRV motor) + turbo. The B20 costs much much less than a B16... ;)
    Last edited by niky; October 10th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Don't forget about upgrading your brakes also. Stock brakes cannot handle the power of a 200-250whp turbocharged engine

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    i have only 1 car, i want a reliable everyday driven car. i have no time visiting the talyer month. everywhats ok? b16 turbo nalang or palit block to b20 then turbo. hindi naman ako mkikipagdrag. 70% street 30%expressway. need top speed 2

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayoldchick View Post
    i have only 1 car, i want a reliable everyday driven car. i have no time visiting the talyer month. everywhats ok? b16 turbo nalang or palit block to b20 then turbo. hindi naman ako mkikipagdrag. 70% street 30%expressway. need top speed 2
    Get the B20 and do a moderate boost turbo setup.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well...

The top speed of the stock SiR is around 210 km/h or so.

If that's not enough for you, you can go the full exhaust route (get surplus headers), get engine management (andaming SAFC na available) and maybe a set of secondhand cams. Each job can be done quickly (in a day or so) so you won't have the car off the road for too long. And get some good brake pads. At the end of that, your car should be capable of hitting 220-230 km/h, and you won't have spent more than 50k pesos.

Any turbo set-up will take a lot of time and tuning. You'll have to schedule a month at least, or up to two or three if it's a complicated custom job (especially if you really want 250 whp).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
turbo kit