New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Greetings tsikoteers,

i just thought i'd share a predicament of mine with my avanza unit. For the past month or so, I have been noticing a strange and irritating sound coming from the left (passenger) side of my car, probably outside. The sound very much resembles that of a whistle but not as loud. And the "whistling" gets even louder the faster i go. this often happens to me on the SLEX or C5 highways, when i'm set at speeds of 60kph and higher.

i'm planning on having this checked sa TYT, but just in case any of you have had any experience or have an idea whats causing this, i'm all ears (este) eyes

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir,do you hear it while your window is open or closed? if open,you might be hearing the sound of the wind passing through in between the side mirror and the front pillar or yung poste sa harap. limited lang ang sound deadening ng avanza kaya halos lahat ng ingay sa labas dinig kahit naka closed ang window.

But if your window is closed and your hearing it from the dashboard on the left side then it might be something else.Is it too loud to ignore?you where saying it increases while your going up to speed?.I've just noticed that the engine or transmission is producing an audible somewhat whisle sound as I'm accelarating normal lang daw to ksi nasubukan ko rin yung dalawang unit ng mga pinsan ko and they are also producing that sound,correct me if I'm wrong but It might be also the same as what you're hearing sir(just my opinion based on my experience).

Well in any case much better if you can have a mechanic from your dealer to test drive it with you so you can tell him the exact noise it produces. Many ACP members are also keen on knowing any problems that may arise from our units,and most of them are also competent to give you advise on this matter.Hoping you'll get a speedy resolution on your problem Sir and post for updates if possible. www.avanzaclub.ph

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    My mistake Sir, sa passenger left side nyo pala naririnig? naka tiklop ba 3rd row seat nyo? as I was saying baka yung noise nanggagaling din sa labas ksi limited yung sound deadening ng avanza,sa akin pag naka tiklop 3rd row seat ko hear ko sound like wind gushing in from the backdoor naman,I thought nga naka bukas back door ko but when i checked its fully closed and locked. well hope you'll resolve your problem Sir.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    noted on your inputs sir, just to clarify though, yes i'm quite familiar with the engine related sound, sanay din ako jan, and i'm pretty sure its not the engine. Yes, i also thought na baka open ung isang window ko, but all are shut tight. The sound starts of as a soft whistle but eventually gets louder and "sharper". Di talaga pwedeng di pansinin pag tagal-tagal. i sometimes fold the 3rd row seat, but madalas naka baba sya. but now that you have mentioned it, i will try to do a test of this, drive with 3rd row seat up vs. down to test the theory. Interesting. many thanks sir.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmmm may rain visor ka ba?? roof rail??

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hmmm may rain visor ka ba?? roof rail??
    none of the above sir, relatively bago pa avanza ko, i'm yet to even begin accessorizing. mejo nakaka paranoid nga minsan i even checked the body for dents or scratches that could affect the aerodynamics or something.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    wala bang turbo ang avanza kasi usually ganyan ang tunog ng turbo especially if the rpm hits 3k ganyan yung d4d namin

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i'm pretty sure this is not the engine whistling...mostly because of the nature of the whistle, and the mere fact na it sounds like its coming from outside the vehicle

Vanzy the Whistler??!