New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    that's strange! porsche uses synthetic motor
    oil in their cars & recommends the
    use of synthetic oil on oil changes - specifically Mobil 1. maybe some engines (not just nissan)are not compatible with synthetic oil.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what i've gathered, i think they are using this more as a precaution as a lot of people have a notion that using synth can extend their drain intervals which resulted in engine sludging. I have friends who use Mobil 1 on their rides and still change religiously and no problems arise. Also, the gasket leaks may also come with the higher mileage engines where the usually slicker viscousity synth oil will have more chances of leaking.

We've had long discussions on this in Nissanbayan as there are mixed reactions to this. My stand was that you can use synth but choose the proper viscousity and change every 5K pa rin. On an actual basis I dont use synth as i find the regular mineral oil suitable enough and i change the oil religiously.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    according to nissan casa's service advisor, nasisira daw gasket ng engines nila sa synthetic oil.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ano ba magandang ilagay na pang change oil?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by venerzky
    ano ba magandang ilagay na pang change oil?
    kung daily driver mo lang and hindi ka naman nakikipag karera, ok na ang mineral oils, basta change it every 5K kms or 3 months, which ever comes first.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Oil question on Xtrail:
    Casa uses a 15w40 oil by caltex rated for both gas/ diesel. They don't recommend use of Synth oil, but don't know why.
    Have you heard of anyone using synth oil on a QR20 engine?

Manual says 10w30, 10w50, 15w40, 15w50 covers exactly the same temp range- any idea why they recommend a 15w40 diesel oil?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    been sing synthetics like Divinol, Mobil1, Fuchs, Castrol since 99 on a Y60 Patrol and the only problem I encountered was when topped it with gasoline Mobile1 before a trip to Baguio and it developed a clacking sound but eventually disappeared on the second day. No leaks at all ever since 99. (fingers crossed)

aay cars pala ang title, hindi suvs—sorry
    Last edited by racerx; June 17th, 2004 at 08:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jackaroo
    Oil question on Xtrail:
    Casa uses a 15w40 oil by caltex rated for both gas/ diesel. They don't recommend use of Synth oil, but don't know why.
    Have you heard of anyone using synth oil on a QR20 engine?

Manual says 10w30, 10w50, 15w40, 15w50 covers exactly the same temp range- any idea why they recommend a 15w40 diesel oil?
    jackaroo,

strange indeed.
    baka nag-uubos lang ng inventory.

OT: are you still using petron 5w30 for your trooper, just shifted to delvac 1 5w40

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    OT: RedHorse,
    Yup, still using Petron 5w30 on trooper for the last 25k km. Also using Delvac 1 on land cruiser.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Use of Synthetic Oil on Nissan Cars