New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    at 75T kms, i replaced the original upper control arms with replacement parts. and now at 85T kms, the bushings and ball joint for the replacement parts are already shot! normal daily driving lang naman ako, from las pinas to makati, maganda naman ang roads, always alone or 2 persons in the car, so wala talagang extreme driving. pero 10T kms lang ang tinagal ng replacement upper control arms ko??? compared to the 75T kms na tinagal nung orig!! ano experience nyo dito!!

btw, car is 97 civic.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wat brand? 555? baka fake.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    We have the same car (97 Civic Vti a/t). I had my front arms replaced recently at around 90tkm, but it was already bad when it was around 80tkm. I had everything done all at the same time. (upper control arm, tie rod, rack end, stab link, bushing). I didn't change the orig suspension though since it was still ok. I used all replacement parts. The 555 brand was only for the tie-rod and rack end. The others are some unknown replacement brand. After having done this, the car felt like new again. I can go over potholes and bumps with a solid feeling. It has only been around 3tkm or so and it still feels solid.

I'm not sure if your case has something to do with not changing everything all at the same time. Just a theory though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ung control arms hindi 555. di ko marecall, pero 3 words ung name ng brand, starts with letter H, got them at alabang parts center for P1200 per piece..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    don't get the replacement part of the upper control arms, di talaga tatagal yan. surplus parts are the next best alternative.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    555 doesn't make control arms...

upper control arms ng civic ek