New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Forgive my ignorance...

What is the best material to use for under coating?

Is the Rhino pick up bed material good for under coating? I asked about the material and it seems that it is everything an undercoating material should be... It protects from rust. It does not crack due to flex or heat. It does not chip. You can apply as thick a coating as you want. You can choose color to match your body color. It is good sound dampener. It is seamless when applied (meaning: no space between body and lining).

Being all of the above, why don't people use rhino material for under coating (aside from price consideration of course)?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bosero, wag undercoat, malambot yun maski tuyo,

ma scratch lang din when loading.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm...mukhang pwede nga kaya lang baka masyadong mahal or baka di pumayag ang installer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just asked tuff-kote if they are willing to spray the undersides of a vehicle with Rhino linings instead of their regular undercoating. And their answer is...no.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kimpoy,

Which is malambot? Rhino lining or under coating material.

What I want to know is why don't people use Rhino Lining material as undercoat material(aside from price considerations)?

Roydok,

I asked the same question as well, and their answer is also no. No, because they have never done it before.

I wonder why they have never done it before... is it because it is nobody has ever thought of doing it? Is is because it is impossible or difficult to do because of some application equipment limitations (does this need special equipment to apply or just a conventional spray attached to a compressor) ? Is it the properties of the Rhino material that prevents people from applying to the underside of the vehicle?

Can anybody enlighten me on this??? I am really curious why this cannot or should not be done.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is a special spray gun and must use high compression air compressor that must be use on undercoat materials, ang ginagamit namin sa shop is wurth, pero mas prefered ko ang 3M, mas flexible ito kaysa wurth

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Rodcarolino,

So technically you can use Rhino Lining material if you had all the equipment??? In short, the reason why Rhino Lining is not used as undercoating is because of equipment limitation not a material limitation?

How much to have vitara undercoated?

Thanks in advance for the info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pinaka-common ngyn yng wax-based undercoats like tuff-kote, 3m , wurth, bondo, etc.

i've heard mas maganda daw yung epoxy-based ones, kaso nga lang mas mahal. ano b yng brands na epoxy-based??

Under Coating Material???