New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mga bossing,

Plano ko magpalagay ng turbo sa aking 1995 in line TD42 Nissan Safari. Any feedback, inputs, benefits, advantages or disadvantages? Magkano, more or less, ang budget? Any recommended brand na turbo? Saan pwede bumili? Meron ba second hand?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    this is only my suggestion.....(hope hindi makasama) kung sa province ang punta mo, thats good... but kung here lang sa manila hindi po advisable too traffic, and prone sa accident. just only a suggestion.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    turbo will be good for your engine. infact all diesel vehicles should be turbo charged, it simply makes the engine more efficient. as for the difference on long drives and city driving, your turbo will benifit you both ways.

as for having a hard time driving in the city, i dont know why it would be, the turbo lag is too light to matter. unless maging evo-safari auto mo.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IIE
    but kung here lang sa manila hindi po advisable too traffic, and prone sa accident. just only a suggestion.
    Ha? parang mali ata reply mo bro. prone sa accident pag me turbo ang safari?!

Oknamlarry,
    Tara sama ka subic,shopping tayo ng surplus turbo duon.... or pahanap tayo sa cebu ng suplus turbo kit. Pag brandnew turbo intercooler kit from SAFARI Turbo system from australia,aabot ka ng 150-200k. This was the quote I had nung nag inquire ako nung 1998 pa.Pero maganda sa turbo kit na ito kasama na intercooler and 3inch exhaust kit.

Check this out.

"http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/safari/turbo/td42_gq/intercooler.html"

*note not currently in production daw

You'll learn quite a bit from them and also know that your TD42 is capable of producing BIG numbers.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks sa mga input nyo.

Protrek: Kailan tayo punta ng Subic para maghanap ng turbo kit? Where sa Subic pwede makabili? Sayang bakit not in production yn site.

Nabanggit kasi sa akin na maganda magpalagay ng turbo sa aking TD42 dahil magiging mas reponsive ang makina at maging fuel efficient, among others.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hehehehe! napansin ko din.... hehehe! sorry po, ang nasa-isip ko turbo (speed) hehehe! anyway good din yun fuel efficient.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oknamlarry
    Thanks sa mga input nyo.

Protrek: Kailan tayo punta ng Subic para maghanap ng turbo kit? Where sa Subic pwede makabili? Sayang bakit not in production yn site.

Nabanggit kasi sa akin na maganda magpalagay ng turbo sa aking TD42 dahil magiging mas reponsive ang makina at maging fuel efficient, among others.
    Bro, me trip pa highpeaks ang NPCP this coming Feb. 4. Sama ka ba?

Meron pa other turbo kits for TD42 meron

http://www.turboglide.com.au/turboch...td42nissan.htm

www.turbonetics.com.au/ATS_4wd_td42.htm

www.axtturbo.com.au/TD42.html

www.turbofixer.com/nissanturbokit.html

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede i-turbo but don't skimp on the job and the installer, expect to pay around 80K-100K (or more). You can try asking shops with turbo install experience like ERL and Fusion R amongst some. You can use surplus parts (turbine, etc) and have the piping and exhaust manifold fabricated. You'll also have to check on how capable the stock injection pump is to take on the added fuel requirements of boost.

The OEM TD42 turbo engine has different tranny right?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Protrek,

Yes, sama ako sa high peaks sa Feb. 4.

Vinj,

I am no techie; do not know much about my TD42. Am still in the process of learning the ins and outs of my machine. Thanks for your input. I will continue to ask around regarding the possible installation of a turbo on my rig. Likewise, please continue helping me with what you know.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Protrek,

Check the sites, very helpful. Dito sa Metro Manila, do you know any shops that sell and/or install turbo kits?

Vinj,

Any recommended shop that you know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
turbo question